Book Peripheral Blood Smear Test in Chennai
Avail Peripheral Blood Smear test in Chennai through MFine. You can book your Peripheral Blood Smear test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Peripheral Blood Smear test sample collection, and the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. Peripheral Blood Smear test is usually recommended for anemia, severe infections, abnormal bruising, platelet-related disorders and to monitor the efficacy of a blood disorder treatment.... View more
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a peripheral blood smear test in Chennai?
Lab infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai happens to be one of the largest cities in the South, and it is currently known as the medical hub of India. The medical industry leaders who built this city have a global outlook on business because they knew how to adapt. There are many quality health care centers located around Chennai that cater to both government officials as well as international patients. With advanced equipment and procedures available near you, all types of testing can be performed at your doctor’s office, so you don’t have to travel far from home just for a simple check-up or an X-ray. You can get your results back quickly because these world-class facilities are some of the most technologically advanced labs in the entire country, allowing tests and results to be sent directly to your cell phone! These cutting-edge services have changed things for good when it comes to fast service as well as convenience when needing regular checkups.
Why book Peripheral Blood Smear Test?
- A Peripheral Blood Smear test helps you to detect conditions like Anaemia.
- People suffering from serious infections can get to the cause of the infection through a Peripheral Blood Smear test.
- The cause of abnormal bruising in several parts of the body can be detected with the help of this test.
- Peripheral Blood Smear test is used to diagnose issues related to Blood Platelets. You can get the count of your total platelets in the body. Information like the size and health of the platelets cells and other blood cells is also provided.
- The test also helps to monitor the efficacy of a blood disorder treatment.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the peripheral blood smear test measure?
- The Blood smear test gives you a complete breakdown of all your blood cells.
- Each blood cell including Red Blood Cells (RBC), White Blood Cells (WBC), and Platelets are observed through a microscope. This helps in finding any infection, change in size, or other threat to the health of the cells.
- The test gives an exact number of the cell count in your blood. This can be used to analyse the blood health level in your body.
- Several Blood-related disorders and infections can be diagnosed easily with the help of the Peripheral Blood Smear test.
What Preparation is needed for a peripheral blood smear test?
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
There are many indications that an abnormal Peripheral Blood Smear Test indicates:
- The test indicates iron deficiency anaemia in the body. A person suffering from Iron deficiency anaemia can go for the test.
- Sickle cell anaemia can also be the reason for abnormal results in the Peripheral Blood Smear test.
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome and Polycythemia rubra vera can also be the reason for abnormal results.
- Abnormal high or low count of White Blood Cells can indicate both types of leukaemia such as acute and chronic.
- HIV and Lymphoma can also lead to abnormal levels of WBC in the blood.
- High or low White Blood Cell count is also a diagnostic of problems such as Hepatitis C, and Pinworm.
- Caardiasis is another serious disorder that can be diagnosed if someone’s WBC levels are high or low in a Peripheral blood Smear test.
- Abnormal WBC cells in the blood can also indicate multiple myeloma in the body.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Chennai?
Yes, it is easy to avail of home sample collection in Chennai through MFine mobile app. With a single click, you may choose a preferable slot for the test at the convenience of your home and your test report will be sent to your doorstep.
What is the cost of a peripheral blood smear test in Chennai?
The cost of pathological tests depends upon different laboratory infrastructures prevailing in the city. It is also dependent on the city and the laboratory facilities available in the laboratories. The approximate cost of peripheral blood smear tests in Chennai is 200 INR per person.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the peripheral blood smear test sample?
With the help of the MFine application, you can easily prepone or postpone your appointment. In addition, the user-friendly application gives you an intuitive experience in managing all your bookings and storing the reports at your convenience.
For immediate assistance, MFine customer care executives are readily available to answer your queries.
Is the lab technician coming for blood collection vaccinated?
Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is a peripheral blood smear test recommended?
A peripheral blood smear test is done primarily to determine the presence of any hematological issues in a person. The prominent symptoms which may suggest the investigation are:
- Overall weakness and fatigue
- Persistent joint pain or muscle pain
- Abrupt weight loss
- Headaches and recurring fever
- Swollen lymph nodes, spleen, liver, and kidneys
Is a prescription required to book a peripheral blood smear test?
No, there is no need to take a prescription from a registered doctor to book a peripheral blood smear test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is peripheral blood smear testing a definitive test?
The peripheral blood smear test is a widely accepted investigation and it is regarded as a follow-up for complete blood count (CBC) test. The investigation prominently identifies three cell lines, i.e. WBCs, RBCs, and platelets. The differential accuracy is either confirmed by an automated differential or a manual differential based on the peripheral smear. However, it cannot be regarded as an absolute definite or accurate result.
What other tests are usually recommended along with peripheral blood smear tests?
Along with peripheral blood smear test, the other tests that are recommended are as under:
- Complete blood count (CBC) test: The respective investigation measures the RBCs, WBCs, and platelet count. A reticulocyte count is also a common CBC test. It identifies the number of immature RBCs in the system.
- A biochemistry test is recommended to check the electrolyte, sugar, and protein in the blood.
- Bone marrow biopsy may be suggested to check the blood cells in the marrow.
What diseases can be detected through peripheral blood smear tests?
The investigation helps to confirm any hematological disorders, for instance, anemia, sickle cell disease, thrombocytopenia, etc. The test also helps in identifying prominent metabolic dysfunction like kidney failures and also the preponderance of specific parasitic disorders like malaria, jaundice, etc. It is also recommended for the diagnosis of certain cases of malignancy.
How can I download my peripheral blood smear test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on peripheral blood smear tests in Chennai?
Usually, you can avail yourself up to a 50% discount on peripheral blood smear tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.