Book PAP Smear Test in Mumbai
Avail PAP Smear test in Mumbai through MFine. You can book your PAP Smear test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your PAP Smear test sample collection, and the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. PAP Smear test is usually recommended for all women above 21 for early detection of cervical cancer.... View more
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book the PAP Smear test in Mumbai?
Lab infrastructure in Mumbai
- Mumbai’s medical laboratory infrastructure and its general medical health care system are very advanced. They employ various creative technologies to better fight back against infections and diseases of all kinds.
- Mumbai is a city with many infections and diseases plaguing its people. Dengue and malaria are extremely common diseases during the monsoon season. Other water-borne diseases like cholera and typhoid also run rampant.
- Recent years have shown that many people in Mumbai also suffer from diarrhoea, heart diseases, and cancer. The severely polluted air of the city has also made respiratory diseases like asthma and tuberculosis very common.
- Diagnosing these diseases promptly is key to fighting back. Various blood tests, urine tests, and other types are available to diagnose the underlying problem the patient may be suffering from.
- Mumbai has hundreds of highly advanced laboratories – both government-run and private-run – that can provide you results within hours. Government hospitals and laboratories are always ready to provide people with the best treatment possible, so long as it is within their use limit.
- It is best to be safer than sorry. Any time you feel uncomfortable within your own body and believe a greater issue to be at hand, do not hesitate to avail a test. Tests are essential for early diagnosis and effective and timely treatment.
Why book PAP Smear Test?
- A PAP Smear test helps to screen and detect cervical cancer. It tests for cancerous or precancerous cells that may be present on your cervix.
- Cervical cancer can be detected early if a woman undergoes routine PAP Smear tests. Timely treatment is key to full recovery.
- The first test should ideally be done at 21.
- Following this, every 3 years, a PAP Smear test should be booked to check for cervical cancer. Women over the age of 30, who have tested for HPV, can choose to test for cervical cancer every 5 years instead (provided their past PAP Smear and HPV test results are both normal).
- Women over the age of 65 no longer need to take the PAP Smear test as long as they have had 3 normal test results in the last 10 years.
- Further considerations on taking the PAP Smear test should be discussed with your doctor.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Pap Smear Test measure?
- A PAP Smear test detects any abnormal cells present in the cervix. The cervix is the bottom part of the uterus that opens at the top of the vagina. Thus, this is a test intended for women only.
- Cells at the opening of the cervix are scraped off and examined through a microscope.
- Any abnormalities that are detected could be a sign of cervical cancer.
What Preparation is needed for the Pap Smear Test?
- Your doctor will guide you the best for preparing for the PAP Smear test. It is recommended not to do the intercourse, douche, and pads or tampon usage for the following 24 hours before the test is conducted.
- The test should not be scheduled when menstruating, as the blood may alter results and make them less accurate. Do tell your doctor if you are pregnant before taking the test.
- As a precautionary measure, informing your doctor about your past medical history and any medications, you may be taking also saves you from any potential adverse negative side effects that may occur, if any.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
A large variety of abnormal results can be obtained from the PAP Smear test. These are as follows:
ASCUS or AGUS results:
- There are atypical cells, but it is unclear what they mean.
- The changes may be due to many causes, including HPV, inflammation, lack of estrogen, and more.
- The changes may also be indicative of potential cancer.
Low-grade Dysplasia (LSIL) or High-grade Dysplasia (HSIL):
- Changes that lead to cancer are present.
- Future cervical cancer chances are higher with HSIL results.
Carcinoma in SITU (CIS):
- Abnormal changes are likely to lead to cervical cancer if not treated soon.
Atypical Squamous Cells (ASC):
- Abnormal changes are found and may indicate HSIL.
Atypical Glandular Cells (AGC):
- Cancer cells are found inside the uterus or in the upper part of the cervical canal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Kandivali, Mumbai?
Yes, at-home sample collection for the PAP Smear test is available in Kandivali, Mumbai. With MFine, all you need to do is select your location, the test you would like (PAP Smear test), put in your preferred lab and time slot, and book the test.
What is the cost of the PAP Smear test in Mumbai?
The cost of the PAP Smear test in Mumbai varies from lab to lab. Different areas of the city may also have differing prices. The general price range of the PAP Smear test is between Rs. 500-1000 per person.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the PAP Smear test sample collection?
Rescheduling an appointment is very easy with MFine. If you cannot attend to the lab technicians at your chosen time slot and wish to reschedule the home visit, simply choose your preferred appointment date and time through the application. While we cannot guarantee its availability, we will try to confirm your preferred appointment.
Is the lab technician coming for the PAP Smear test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the PAP Smear test recommended?
The PAP Smear test is recommended for all women above 21. Early screening and detection of cervical cancer can help you get timely treatment. Your doctor can also suggest when to take the test.
Is a prescription required to book a PAP Smear test?
No prescription is required to book a PAP Smear test. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking the test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the PAP Smear test definitive?
No, the PAP Smear test is not definitive. Abnormal cells on your cervix do not always mean you have cancer and could be the result of other factors, such as inflammation, infection, HPV, and more. Further tests may need to be conducted for conclusive results.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the PAP Smear test?
Your doctor may recommend more frequent PAP Smear tests, depending on your test results. An HPV test may also be recommended to detect HPV virus types that lead to cancer. Colposcopy will be suggested if your abnormal cells fail to clear up even after months. Abnormal results that turn up during the colposcopy indicate the need for treatment.
What diseases can be detected through the PAP Smear test?
The PAP Smear test is primarily used to detect the presence of cervical cancer. Other infections like HPV can also be detected through the PAP Smear test, but the focus is on cervical cancer.
How can I download my PAP Smear test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the PAP Smear test in Mumbai?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the PAP Smear test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.