Book PAP Smear Test in Hyderabad
Avail PAP smear test in Hyderabad through MFine. You can book your PAP smear test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your PAP smear test sample collection, and the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. PAP Smear test is usually recommended for detecting cervical cancer in women in case of vaginal discharge with traces of blood.... View more
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a PAP smear test in Hyderabad?
Lab infrastructure in Hyderabad
- The hi-tech city of Hyderabad offers some of the best modern-day facilities in terms of lab testing and early detection of diseases. There are a plethora of medical labs and clinics equipped with some of the most recent and expansive technology which can provide the most accurate results within a period of 24-48 hours.
- Test laboratories of Hyderabad are well-equipped with world-class advanced testing facilities for the early detection of diseases.
- There are options for private and government lab testing facilities available for the patients seeking medical help in the city of Hyderabad.
- NABL accredits Hyderabad testing laboratories for their excellence in lab engineering and medical testing.
- Lately, the city of Hyderabad has been showing a concerning rise in non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer and cardiovascular issues.
- The medical and health institutes recommend early testing if a person experiences these diseases symptoms. Early detection of such diseases can help find the proper diagnosis and possible cure, even in the case of cancer.
- Helping Hand Foundation is an NGO functioning in the city to help raise awareness for these diseases and provide assistance to slum areas for cases of chronic diseases.
Why book PAP Smear Test?
- The PAP smear test helps in the detection of cervical cancer in women.
- People can book a PAP smear test in case they experience irregular bleeding along with vaginal discharge.
- It has been suggested by medical experts that people with HIV-AIDS are more at risk of contracting other long-term illnesses such as cancer.
- PAP smear test is recommended for women over the age of 25 at an interval of every 5 years.
- The HPV virus is responsible for causing increasing the risk of cervical cancer. Hence, if you are above the age of 21, it is necessary to have a routine PAP smear test at your nearest clinic.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Pap Smear Test measure?
- A PAP smear is a test that collects cells from your cervix, which is the lower, thin end of your uterus that sits on top of your vagina. A PAP smear can detect cervical cancer early, giving you a better chance of a cure. A PAP smear can also identify alterations in your cervical cells that indicate cancer development in the future. It is critical to understand that the PAP test is a screening test, not a diagnostic test. There might be a lot of reasons why you get aberrant findings. Mild inflammation and cancer or precancer caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) are some of the examples.
What Preparation is needed for the Pap Smear Test?
- For the proper conduction of a PAP smear test, the gynecologist usually suggests avoiding having sexual intercourse and reporting for the PAP smear test before or after your menstruation for the month is over, which means that menstruation is not a suitable time for a PAP smear test.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
An abnormal result indicates that cell alterations on your cervix were discovered. This may not always imply that you have cervical cancer. HPV is most likely to blame for abnormal changes in your cervix. Changes might be minimal (low-grade) or severe (high-grade) (high-grade).
Minor modifications usually return to normalcy on their own. However, if more dangerous alterations are not addressed, they can progress to cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Fortress complex, Hyderabad?
Yes, you can easily avail of at-home sample collection in Fortress complex, Hyderabad through MFine.
What is the cost of a PAP smear test in Hyderabad?
The general cost for a PAP smear test in Hyderabad is approximately Rs 500. You can save money by going to a government hospital.
I am staying in Chennai. Can I book a PAP smear test for my aunt staying in Hyderabad?
Yes, through MFine, you can easily book a PAP smear test for any relative, friend, acquaintance, and even yourself while staying in another city.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the PAP smear test sample?
You can reschedule your appointment for the PAP smear test through the MFine app. There are easy steps to alter the date and time as per convenience.
Is the lab technician coming for PAP smear test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is a PAP smear test recommended?
A PAP smear testing is recommended to detect cervical cancer for women between the ages of 21-65.
Is a prescription required to book a PAP smear test?
You can consult your gynaecologist for a written prescription for a PAP smear test. However, it is not mandatory to have a prescription for taking the test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the PAP smear test a definitive test?
PAP smear tests are generally screening tests; they are not diagnostic tests. This means that even if you get an abnormal result in a PAP smear test, it does not certainly indicate that you have cervical cancer.
What diseases can be detected through the PAP test?
A Pap smear (also called a Pap test) screens for cervical cancer. The test checks for abnormal cells in the cervix that are cancerous or have the potential to become cancerous. During a Pap smear, your healthcare provider takes cells from the cervix to examine under a microscope for signs of cancer.
How can I download my PAP smear test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the PAP smear test in Hyderabad?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the PAP smear test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.