Book PAP Smear Test in Bangalore
Avail PAP Smear Test in Bangalore through MFine. You can book your PAP Smear test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your PAP Smear Test sample collection, and the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. PAP Smear Test is usually recommended to women aged 21 and above to diagnose cervical cancer.... View more
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book PAP Smear Test in Bangalore?
Lab infrastructure in Bangalore
- Bangalore’s lab infrastructure and medical healthcare system are state-of-the-art, with cutting-edge equipment to combat disease and infection.
- It’s best to obtain a test as soon as possible if you’re experiencing any physical pain. Tests are not to be feared; they help identify the condition and guarantee that therapy is effective and successful. You can set up a test with MFine without having to leave your house.
- Several diseases have spread throughout Bangalore. Rain has a critical role in the transmission of infectious illnesses. Dengue fever, malaria, typhoid fever, diarrhoea, measles, seasonal flu, and the common cold are among the most prevalent ailments in the city.
- Diabetes, high blood pressure, excessive cholesterol, and triglyceride levels have all increased in the city. Early detection of such issues offers you an advantage and makes addressing them easier.
- Bangalore has numerous private top-tier laboratories that deliver reliable test results in hours. Government-run hospitals and laboratories enable people to obtain better treatment while staying within their financial means.
Why book PAP Smear Test?
- PAP smear, commonly known as PAP test, is used to detect abnormal cells in the cervix that might indicate the presence of a precancerous disease.
- Many women find this test to be unsettling or frightening, and many attempts to avoid seeing their gynaecologist as a result.
- However, the few minutes of discomfort are well worth the health advantages.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Pap Smear Test measure?
- A PAP smear is a cervical cancer screening technique, often known as a PAP test. It examines your cervix for the presence of precancerous or cancerous cells. The cervix is the uterus's entrance.
- Cells from your cervix are softly scraped out and evaluated for aberrant development during the standard operation.
- Your doctor will do the operation in his or her office. It may be a little unpleasant at first, but it seldom causes long-term pain.
What Preparation is needed for the Pap Smear Test?
- Your doctor will guide you the best for preparing for the PAP Smear test. It is recommended not to do the intercourse, douche, and pads or tampon usage for the following 24 hours before the test is conducted.
- The test should not be scheduled when menstruating, as the blood may alter results and make them less accurate. Do tell your doctor if you are pregnant before taking the test.
- As a precautionary measure, informing your doctor about your past medical history and any medications, you may be taking also saves you from any potential adverse negative side effects that may occur, if any.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
If the test findings are abnormal, it does not always indicate that you have cancer. It simply implies that your cervix has aberrant cells, some of which may be precancerous. Abnormal cells exist on numerous levels:
- Severe dysplasia
- Carcinoma in situ
Depending on the findings of the tests, your doctor may suggest:
- Increasing the frequency of your PAP screenings and using a technique called a colposcopy to obtain a closer look at your cervical tissue
- Your doctor will use illumination and magnification during a colposcopy examination to observe vaginal as well as cervical tissues more precisely. They may perform a biopsy to get a sample of your cervical tissue in certain situations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Indira Nagar, Bangalore?
Yes, sample collection for a range of tests may be done from the comfort of your own house. MFine simplifies things by enabling you to set up a test meeting with just one click, removing the need to travel elsewhere. Your results of the tests will be sent directly to your home.
What is the cost of the PAP Smear Test in Bangalore?
The cost of various tests varies depending on the facilities and infrastructure that they employ. In Bangalore, a PAP Smear test costs between INR 200 and 1000.
I am staying in Delhi. Can I book PAP Smear Test for my Grandmother staying in Bangalore?
Yes, using the MFine app, you can simply order a PAP Smear test for relatives and elderly family members who reside in different locations.
How can I reschedule my appointment for PAP Smear Test?
It’s simple to reschedule a PAP Smear test appointment using the MFine app. You can adjust the date and time of your sample collection as convenient.
Is the lab technician coming for PAP Smear Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is PAP Smear Test recommended?
It is recommended that screening begins for women at the age of 21. Some women may be more susceptible to cancer or illness than others. Further, doctors recommend taking the test once every 3 years to rule out the chances of cervical cancer.
Is a prescription required to book a PAP Smear Test?
No, a PAP Smear Test does not need a prescription. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking the test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on
Is the PAP Smear Test a definitive test?
The PAP Smear test and the HPV test are both screening tests rather than diagnostic testing. They can’t tell whether you have cervical cancer for sure. An abnormal PAP test or HPV test result may indicate that more testing is required to determine whether cancer or pre-cancer exists.
What are other tests usually recommended along with PAP Smear Test?
A pelvic exam is frequently performed in combination with a PAP smear. The PAP test may be paired with a test for human papillomavirus (HPV), a sexually transmitted disease that can lead to cervical cancer, in women over 30. The HPV test may be used instead of a PAP smear in certain instances.
What diseases can be detected through the PAP Smear Test?
A PAP test can detect infectious diseases such as the human papillomavirus (HPV), linked to cervical cancer in the past. Cervical cancer can be prevented if precancerous abnormalities (cervical dysplasia) found on a PAP screening are treated early.
How can I download my PAP Smear Test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on PAP Smear Test in Bangalore?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on PAP Smear Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.