Book MCHC Blood Test in Pune
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an MCHC Blood test in Pune?
Lab infrastructure in Pune
Pune is developing its amenities constantly in terms of medical and testing infrastructures. The fully-equipped wards, surgical rooms, and modern testing equipment are integral to getting a global medical structure.
Why book the MCHC blood test?
- The physician recommends the MCHC test to everyone above the age of 18. The test is usually carried out as part of a complete blood cell count or CBC.
- It helps detect different types of anemia and other blood-related problems in your body.
- Higher levels indicate Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B deficiency.
- Lower levels indicate anemia, iron deficiency and thalassemia.
- Each laboratory develops its index values. Therefore, having the MCHC blood test done twice a year ensures you are not suffering from any possible blood-related disorders.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the MCHC blood test measure?
- The MCHC (mean corpuscular haemoglobin concentration) blood test measures the average amount of haemoglobin in your red blood cells (RBC). It is usually performed as part of the complete blood count or CBC.
- The haemoglobin present in the red blood cells carries oxygen to the tissues and organs in your body. The MCHC test checks the average amount of haemoglobin present in the RBCs.
- Your healthcare provider uses this measurement to assess blood-related disorders in your body.
- Some of the issues detected by the MCHC test are Anaemia, vitamin B and B12 deficiency, kidney disorders, Thalassemia, etc.
What Preparation is needed for the MCHC blood test?
- If your blood sample is used for other tests, the doctor may ask you to fast for several hours before the test.
- Also, inform your doctor about any medications and medical history before the tests as a precautionary measure.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The normal range of MCHC in your blood is 33.4 to 35..5 grams/ decilitre (g/dL). This value, however, varies from one laboratory to another based on the equipment used for the test.
Abnormal values in the test report can indicate several underlying diseases in your body.
A high MCHC level greater than 35.5 g/dL in your blood occurs when the hemoglobin concentration increases in the bloodstream. High MCHC may indicate health issues like Autoimmune hemolytic anemia and macrocytic anemia.
A level lower than 33.4 g/dL of MCHC means you have low MCHC. The common problems related to low MCHC are decreased stamina, lack of energy, and anemic hypoxia.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home report delivery in Pune?
Through the MFine app, you can book an at-home report delivery facility in various parts of Pune. This doorstep facility offered by MFine will help you get tested in the comfort of your home. A licensed medical professional will collect samples from your home at the allotted time window.
What is the cost of the MCHC Blood Test in Pune?
The average cost of the individual MCHC Blood test in various parts of Pune ranges from 70 rupees to 100 rupees. However, the price varies from one laboratory to another based on the infrastructure and equipment used for the test.
I stay in Delhi. Can I book the MCHC Blood test for my grandfather staying in Pune?
The MFine app makes it convenient for you to book the MCHC test for your family staying in different cities. Select the preferred city and time slot to book the test for your family. The MFine app also provides a hassle-free doorstep collection of samples.
Is the lab technician coming for the MCHC Blood test report delivery vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the MCHC Blood test recommended?
In general, doctors prescribe the MCHC Blood test if you show signs of existing infections with other symptoms like
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of stamina
- Yellow or pale skin
This test is performed with a panel of other tests called the CBC to assess your overall health.
The MCHC test is a part of the complete blood count. Therefore, as a prerequisite for the test, you should consult a doctor to know whether you need to opt for the test. Your doctor must know your symptoms and medical background before prescribing the MCHC test.
Is a prescription required to book an MCHC Blood test?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
The MCHC Blood test is not definitive.
Is the MCHC Blood test definitive?
In the case of an individual MCHC test, physicians may prescribe other tests such as the mean corpuscular volume or MCV to assess your blood’s health. In addition, they may run other diagnostic tests like X-rays, biopsy and endoscopy to detect underlying health diseases in your body.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the MCHC Blood test?
Your healthcare provider can detect several diseases with the help of the MCHC Blood test. Some of these diseases include
- Liver diseases
- Kidney diseases
- Hereditary spherocytosis
Other health conditions that can be diagnosed with the help of this test are
- Bone marrow defects
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Inflammatory disorders
- – Login to MFine
- – Go to your profile
- – Click Attachment and Reports
- – Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on MCHC Blood tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.