Book MCHC Blood Test in Mumbai
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an MCHC blood test in Mumbai?
Lab infrastructure in Mumbai:
Mumbai’s medical infrastructure is state-of-the-art, with cutting-edge technology and equipment. These practices make it more comfortable for patients to undergo surgeries and diagnostic procedures.
Why book the MCHC blood test?
- High and low haemoglobin levels are diagnosed using several blood tests. A full blood count is used to determine the levels. Platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cells are all examined in great detail during this test. A complete physical examination, which includes a CBC, may be performed to identify whether you have any illnesses. Full Anaemia Panel from MFine Labs will give you detailed information and a clear estimate of your anaemia risk.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the MCHC blood test measure?
- This blood test determines whether the body's haemoglobin levels are normal or not. Haemoglobin is a protein that contains iron and is found inside red blood cells. It is responsible for the blood's crimson colour. It is in charge of carrying oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
What Preparation is needed for the MCHC blood test?
- There is no preparation required for the MCHC blood test. On the other hand, the medical practitioner must be informed of the patient's medical history. The patient's clinical drugs should also be known to the clinician. Also, consult your doctor if you have any pre-existing chronic health problems.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Report readings with a high or low count are obtainable.
- Low haemoglobin levels can suggest anaemia, iron deficiency, Thalassemia, and other conditions.
- Hepatitis is a liver infection. Polycythemia, lung illness, coronary artery disease like heart attack, and stroke are all possible causes of high haemoglobin levels.
It's important to remember that people who live at high elevations have more haemoglobin than those in the lowlands. It is usually recommended to see a doctor while assessing test findings.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in a college hostel in Mumbai?
The MFine app in Mumbai enables home sample collection. It’s easy to fill out the app’s reservation form, including personal details like your location, time, and date.
What is the cost of the MCHC blood test in Mumbai?
In Mumbai, the MCHC blood test costs between INR 300 and 500. These fees may vary depending on the testing facility’s amenities. The cost of testing may increase if the patient has a serious condition or if the results are needed right away.
I am staying in Karnataka. Can I book an MCHC blood test for my aunt staying in Mumbai?
Of course, the MCHC blood test exam can be scheduled for various locations. You must include the location, date, and time of the appointment (the blood sample collection).
How can I reschedule my appointment for the MCHC blood test?
The MCHC blood test can be rescheduled easily using the MFine app. On the MFine portal, you must again provide the correct date, time, and location.
Is the lab technician coming for MCHC blood test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is an MCHC blood test recommended?
A test is advised in cases of hereditary spherocytosis, autoimmune hemolytic anaemia, and severe burns. Also, deficiency of iron (haemoglobin) in your body can cause low-grade blood loss, failure of red blood cells to grow properly, parasite infections, and cancer.
Is a prescription required to book an MCHC blood test?
The booking of this test does not necessitate a prescription. You can book it anytime.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the MCHC blood test definitive?
This test is quite definitive. This test provides the exact number of the haemoglobin count present in your blood sample.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the MCHC blood test?
Additional testing may be required to confirm some disease diagnoses.
- The ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a blood test that can determine if you have inflammation or not.
- Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) test – This test helps check the approximate size of your red blood cells on average.
The MCHC blood test is part of a complete blood count (CBC) that a doctor uses to assess a patient’s general health. This test is required whenever a person is admitted to the hospital. Even if no worrisome disease is present, the doctor may nonetheless carry out the test. The symptoms of anaemia and infection must be identified.
What diseases can be detected through the MCHC blood test?
- Sign in to MFine
- Go to your account
- Select Document and Reports from the drop-down menu.
Further, select Lab Report and save it to your computer.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on MCHC Blood tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location