Book MCHC Blood Test in Hyderabad
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an MCHC blood test in Hyderabad?
Lab infrastructure in Hyderabad
Why book the MCHC Blood test?
- Different blood tests are used to diagnose high and low hemoglobin levels. A complete blood count determines the levels. This test examines platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cells in great detail. In addition, a CBC may be recommended as part of a comprehensive physical examination to determine whether you have any illnesses. MFine Labs Full Anemia Panel will provide you with detailed data and a strong indication of your anemia risk. It combines the CBC test with additional custom-tailored analysis.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the MCHC Blood test measure?
- This blood test determines whether the body's hemoglobin levels are up or dropped. Hemoglobin is a protein that contains iron and is found inside red blood cells. It is responsible for the blood's crimson color. In addition, it is in charge of carrying oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
What preparation is needed for the MCHC blood test?
- There is no need to prepare anything further for the MCHC blood test. On the other hand, the medical professional must be informed of the patient's history. The patient's current drugs should also be known to the doctor. Consult your doctor before taking the test if you have any pre-existing chronic diseases or allergies.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
When the specialist recommends the MCHC test, its range is the major aspect that detects specific abnormalities in the patient. The normal range of MCHC levels lies from 33 to 36 g/dl. In children, the range might vary from 32 to 34 g/dl. The range below 28 percent is extremely low, and according to the specialist, it is a serious condition to diagnose. In some situations, specialists suggest some additional tests for a clear diagnosis. The abnormalities which can low MCHC levels may indicate -
- Lack of iron
High MCHC levels define the high concentration of hemoglobin in the blood. It turns the cells act hyperchromic. Many chronic conditions can occur at the MCHC level, which averages above 35 percent. Some of the observation which arises due to high hemoglobin levels may indicate –
- Lung ailment
- Coronary artery disease
It's vital to note that persons who live at high altitudes have higher hemoglobin levels than those on the lowlands. Therefore, it is always best to speak with a doctor when evaluating test results.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail myself of an at-home sample collection in a college hostel in Hyderabad?
The MFine app in Hyderabad enables home sample collection. It’s easy to fill out the app’s reservation form, including personal details like your location, time, and date.
What is the cost of the MCHC blood test in Hyderabad?
The MCHC blood test costs between Rs. 300 and Rs. 500 in Hyderabad. These rates may differ depending on the facilities provided at the testing centers. If the patient has a serious illness or if the results are required immediately, the cost of testing may rise.
I stay in Nashik. Can I book an MCHC blood test for my aunt staying in Hyderabad?
Of course, the MCHC blood test exam can be scheduled for various locations. You must include the location, date, and time of the appointment of the blood sample collection.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the MCHC blood test?
The MCHC blood test can be rescheduled easily using the MFine app. However, on the MFine portal, you must again provide the correct date, time, and location.
Is the lab technician coming for MCHC blood test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the MCHC blood test recommended?
In situations of hereditary spherocytosis, autoimmune haemolytic anemia, and severe burns, a test is recommended. In addition, low-grade blood loss, failure of red blood cells to grow properly, parasite infections, and cancer are symptoms of a lack of iron (hemoglobin) in your body.
Is a prescription required to book an MCHC blood test?
The booking of this test does not necessitate a prescription. You can book it anytime, anywhere.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the MCHC blood test definitive?
This test is quite definitive. This test provides the exact number of the hemoglobin count present in your blood specimen.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the MCHC blood test?
Additional testing may be required to confirm some disease diagnoses.
- The ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a blood test that can determine if you have inflammation or not.
- Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) test – This test helps check the approximate size of your red blood cells on average.
The MCHC blood test is part of a complete blood count (CBC) that a doctor uses to assess a patient’s general health. This test is required whenever a person is admitted to the hospital. Even if no worrisome disease is present, the doctor may nonetheless carry out the test. The symptoms of anemia and infection must be identified.
What diseases can be detected through the MCHC blood test?
- Log into MFine.
- Visit your account page.
- From the drop-down box, choose Documents and Reports.
- Select Lab Report from the drop-down menu and save it to your PC.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on MCHC tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.