Book MCHC Blood Test in Chennai
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an MCHC blood test in Chennai?
Lab infrastructure in Chennai:
Hospitals in Chennai offer a variety of medical tests, including radiology, Defibrillators, and Ultrasounds. These scans make use of the best technology to ensure that the patient receives a positive testing experience. Owing to these powerful testing instruments, test results are trustworthy and faster.
Why book the MCHC test?
- Your doctor may advise you to do this test for the following reasons:
- Determine the source of your blood disorders.
- To find out if an infection has been present for a long time.
- Anemia or blood issues in the family.
- As part of a standard physical exam. As part of a routine checkup for pregnant women.
- The MFine Labs Full Anemia Working group will provide you with detailed information and a clear picture of your anemia risk.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the MCHC blood test measure?
- This blood test determines whether the body's hemoglobin levels are higher or dropped. Hemoglobin is a protein that contains iron and is found in red blood cells. It is responsible for the blood's crimson color. It is responsible for transporting oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
What Preparation is needed for the MCHC test?
- There is no need to prepare anything else for the MCHC blood test. On the other hand, the medical practitioner must be informed of the patient's medical history and routine medicines.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Results with a high or low count are possible.
Low haemoglobin levels might indicate anaemia, iron insufficiency, or thalassemia.
Polycythemia, coronary artery disease and lung disease can all be caused by high haemoglobin levels.
It's worth noting that persons who live at higher elevations have more haemoglobin than those in the lowlands. When analysing test results, it's usually a good idea to see a doctor.
Anything outside of the typical range is seen as abnormal. The typical MCHC range is 33.4–35.5 grams per deciliter (g/dL) in adults.
Disclaimer: It's always good to seek medical advice while evaluating results.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in a college hostel in Chennai?
The MFine app enables sample collection at home in Chennai. Filling out the registration form on the app is simple and includes personal information like your area, time, and date.
What is the cost of the MCHC blood test in Chennai?
The MCHC blood test costs roughly INR 300 to 500 in Chennai. These rates may differ depending on the amenities provided by the testing facility. If the patient has a critical ailment or if the results are required quickly, the cost of testing may rise.
I am staying in Pune; Can I book an MCHC blood test for my aunt staying in Chennai?
Of course, the MCHC blood test exam can be scheduled at multiple locations. The place, day, time, and date of the appointment must all be specified (the blood sample collection).
How can I reschedule my appointment for the MCHC blood test?
Using the MFine app, you can quickly reschedule your MCHC blood test. You must submit the needed information again, the right date, time, and place on the MFine portal once more.
Is the lab technician coming for MCHC blood test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is an MCHC blood test recommended?
In situations of hereditary spherocytosis, autoimmune hemolytic anaemia, and severe burns, a test is recommended. Low-grade blood loss, failure of red blood cells to grow properly, parasite infections, and cancer can all be caused by an iron (haemoglobin) shortage.
Is a prescription required to book an MCHC blood test?
This test does not need to be booked with a prescription. It can be scheduled at any time and from any location.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the MCHC blood test definitive?
This is a really solid test. The precise amount of haemoglobin counts in your blood sample is determined by this test.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the MCHC blood test?
Some disease diagnoses may require additional testing to be confirmed.
- An ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) test can determine whether or not you are inflamed.
- MCV (mean corpuscular volume) test – This test is performed to figure out how big your red blood cells are on average.
A complete blood count (CBC) is a blood test performed by a doctor to assess the total patient’s health. This examination is required when a person is admitted to the hospital. Even if there is no reason to worry, the doctor may perform this test. Signs of anaemia and infection must be recognized soon.
What diseases can be detected through the MCHC blood test?
- Log into MFine with your username and password.
- Navigate to your account page.
- From the drop-down box, choose Documents and Reports.
- Select Lab Report from the drop-down menu and save it to your PC.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on MCHC Blood tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.