Book Mantoux Test in Delhi.
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
What is the process to book a Mantoux Blood Test in Delhi?
What is the Mantoux test used For?
The TST, or Mantoux test, is the most popular method for detecting latent tuberculosis infection. It involves injecting a certain amount of an internationally standardised pure protein derivative (PPD) of tuberculin into the skin.
Mantoux test procedure?
The Mantoux test checks for Tuberculosis infection in your body
- The Mantoux test does not require an overnight fast.
- This test involves injecting 0.1 ml of tuberculin PPD into the skin of the forearm with a special syringe called, tuberculin syringe. Post injection of the liquid into the skin, you may notice a small bump or elevation around 5-10 mm on your forearm. You may feel a sting like any other blood test.
- The skin reaction is read between 48 and 72 hrs. The diameter of the swelling is measured and interpreted as positive, negative or indeterminate.
How to prepare for the Mantoux test?
|Before test||During test|
|It is not mandatory to fast for 8-10 hours before the test.||There might be slight pain and redness on the forearm where the liquid is injected into the skin. However, these symptoms will go away quickly.|
Things to do after the Mantoux test?
- Don’t use a bandage or tape to conceal the area.
- Take care not to scratch or rub it.
- Use a cool cloth on the irritated spot if it itches.
- You can wash and dry your arm gently.
How long does it take to get the Mantoux test results?
Once the tuberculin liquid is injected into the forearm, Swelling dimensions are taken between 48-72 hrs. . After the testing is completed, the Mantoux test results will be available on the app for download after 72 hours.
Is the Mantoux test a definitive test?
The Mantoux test is not a definitive test. It helps in identifying if the person is infected with tuberculosis infection. It does not indicate if the person has tuberculosis disease or not
Why book a Mantoux test in Delhi?
- The Mantoux test is considered a useful tool for tuberculosis screening (TB). This test aids in the detection of tuberculosis infection as well as tuberculosis diagnosis. Individuals infected with this virus may or may not show any symptoms of the condition. This is known as latent tuberculosis, and the Mantoux test can help discover it.
For further assistance
Related Tests in Delhi
Popular Health Packages in Delhi
What does Mantoux test measure?
Preparation For Mantoux Test.
What happens to your sample?
What type of infections can a Mantoux blood test detect?
Blogs that may interest you:
Frequently asked questions | FAQs
What affects the Mantoux test results?
Factors that can affect the results of a TB test include:
- working in a medical facility, such as a hospital, a care centre, or a laboratory
- having had tuberculosis in the past
- undergoing organ transplantation
- If the patient is on immunosuppressant medication.
- Previous BCG vaccination
- Very young age
- HIV-positive condition.
What is the Mantoux test normal readings?
The reference range may differ depending on your gender, age, medical history, and current condition, among other factors.
What is the confirmatory test for TB?
The Mantoux tuberculin skin test (TST) is required to check the presence of Tuberculosis. The Doctor may order more tests if required.
Can we conduct a Mantoux test at home?
Yes, A certified professional will perform the test from your preferred location when you book the tests through MFine, you can then download the results from the MFine app.
Does a positive result on the Mantoux test mean one has TB?
The results of a tuberculin skin test (e.g. Mantoux test) may indicate the presence of M. Tuberculosis but does not necessarily imply active TB disease. further investigation is required in an event where one tested positive using Mantoux.
What should be done if you test positive for TB?
A combination of anti-TB medications should be taken for at least six months if not antibiotic-resistant, even if no longer ill, to prevent antibiotic resistance from forming. To minimize the risk of infecting others, don’t cough in people’s faces, cough into a handkerchief or palm of your hand, and look away while you cough.
What causes TB?
Mycobacterium tuberculosis is the bacterium that causes tuberculosis (TB). When someone with active TB in their lungs coughs or sneezes, they expel droplets containing TB bacteria that are inhaled by others.
What is the Treatment for TB?
As the tuberculous bacteria take a long time to leave the body, the duration of treatment for TB is longer than that of any other bacterial infection. As part of the treatment for tuberculosis, a doctor may prescribe antibiotics. Dosage and duration of treatment depend on the patient’s age, general health, the severity of the condition, and possible drug resistance.
How do I find the best Mantoux test in Delhi?
You can choose from the wide range of trusted and top lab partners in Delhi. All you need to do is, select your preferred lab partner in Delhi on the MFine app and get samples collected from your doorstep.
Can we conduct a Mantoux test at home?
Yes, you can get a Mantoux blood test done at home through the MFine mobile app.