Book Magnesium Test in Pune
Avail Magnesium test in Pune through MFine. You can book your Magnesium test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Magnesium test sample collection, the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. A magnesium test is usually recommended for the following symptoms-
- Pain in the body
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heart rate
- Change in personality
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
Parameters covered in Magnesium Test
1 test included
How to book a Magnesium test in Pune?
Lab infrastructure in Pune
Pune is one of the tier-1 cities having the best medical and health care facilities in the country. It has a good network of many hospitals (both public and private), nursing homes, clinics, etc. Pune also has many path labs, blood banks, chemist shops, etc. There are also some laboratories that provide the best facilities for examining the sample. Pune also has many multi-speciality hospitals to give the best facilities to its patients.
Why Book the Magnesium test?
- Your doctor may suggest you have a magnesium test, some of which are-
- To check the level of magnesium after having treatment
- For getting the reason for the problems with muscle and nerve
- With your routine health check-up
- To check the level of magnesium
- In case you feel low in calcium and potassium levels
- To determine the risk of having a deficiency of magnesium
- At the time of pregnancy, women may have a chance of preeclampsia.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Magnesium test measure?
- A magnesium test is used by doctors to examine the level of magnesium present in your blood. Magnesium is a type of electrolyte and mineral. It checks for the smooth functioning of many chemical processes in your body. It also helps to keep a normal heartbeat and also supports the immune system. Magnesium also helps control blood sugar levels, the energy produced by metabolism, and blood pressure.
- Most magnesium is found in our cells and bones, but about one percent of it is found in the blood. It is important for the doctor to know the level of magnesium because variation in the level of magnesium may be because of some severe problems.
What Preparation is needed for the Calprotectin test?
- While going through this test, there is no need for any special preparation. You also need not fast before this test. You should tell your doctor about all the medications you are taking. You should also tell your doctor about your pregnancy and wear loose clothes while going for this test.
- You should ask your doctor for special preparations as your test may include some other tests that may require fasting and other conditions.
What happens to your test sample?
What Do Abnormal Results Indicate?
The normal level of magnesium is 1.7 to 2.3mg/dl. If your test reports are not at this level, it is said that your results are abnormal. Your magnesium level may show variation because of-
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- High level of calcium
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Not getting enough magnesium in the diet
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Problems with functions of the liver
If your magnesium level is high, it may be because of-
- Kidney problems
- Adrenal glands problems
- Addison disease (a condition of adrenal glands)
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail myself at-home sample collection in Hadapsar, Pune?
You can also go for home sample collection through the MFine app. This test is similar to other blood tests. A lab technician will visit your place for collecting a blood sample, and your report will be available to you 24 to 48 hours. You are advised to consult the doctor for interpretation of the reports.
What is the cost of the Magnesium test in Pune?
The cost of the magnesium test in Pune may range from Rs. 400 to Rs. 1200. This cost may vary according to the place and time. Cost is also different at various places according to the equipment and facilities provided by the hospitals and the nursing homes.
I live in Delhi. Can I book a Magnesium test for my grandfather staying in Pune?
Yes, you can book a test from anywhere and for anyone with just a single click through the MFine app. You only have to log in to the MFine app and search for your test, and then you may select a timing slot for sample collection as per your convenience.
How can I reschedule my appointment for sample collection?
You can reschedule your appointment through MFine app only with a single click. You may log in through the MFine app and go to the appointment option, and then should go for rescheduling your appointment.
Is the lab technician coming for the Magnesium test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Magnesium test recommended?
Your doctor may recommend a magnesium test if you have the following symptoms like vomiting, nausea, low blood pressure, diarrhoea, body pain, problems in breathing, loss of appetite, palpitation, slow heart rate, fatigue, change in personality, etc.
Is a prescription required to book a Magnesium test?
No, a prescription is usually not required to book a magnesium test, but it is recommended that you consult with your doctor before going through this test
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Magnesium test definitive?
Yes, the magnesium test is definitive. Magnesium is found in our cells, tissues, and cells. One per cent of this magnesium is present in our blood. This test tells us about the accurate presence of magnesium in our blood.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Magnesium test?
Sometimes your doctor may also recommend you some other tests with magnesium test to find out the possible diseases that you may have. These additional tests include the ionised magnesium test, urine magnesium test, and RBC magnesium test. You are advised to consult with your doctor before going for the test.
What diseases can be detected through the Magnesium test?
Magnesium test helps detect many diseases, some of which are coronary heart disease, hypertension, myocardial infarction, osteoporosis, asthma, pre-eclampsia, and diabetes. Apart from diseases, many other diseases can also be detected.
How can I download my Magnesium test report?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Magnesium test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.