Book Magnesium Test in Chennai
Get a Magnesium test in Chennai through MFine. You can book your Magnesium test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get tests gathered from your doorstep. Post your Magnesium test collection, and the test reports will be accessible for download within 48 hours. Moreover, a Magnesium test is frequently recommended to people suffering from Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, low blood pressure, extreme tiredness, muscle aches, body pain, and breathing difficulties.... View more
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
Parameters covered in Magnesium Test
1 test included
How to book Magnesium in Chennai?
Lab infrastructure in Chennai
- Chennai, one of the most developed cities of southern India, is one of the country’s top-tier cities. Chennai has owned such status due to its recent development, which has boosted the state’s overall amenities.
- Moreover, Chennai is a massive network with over 250 private and government hospitals and over 500 sub-clinics dispersed around the city. In addition, Chennai’s health department has over 500 diagnostic centres and hospital-based laboratories where all general tests or treatments are carried out by category-specific experts.
- Chennai is renowned for its well-organised and distinctive world-class laboratories. Thousands of tests are performed every day in these labs using high-precision techniques and technology to ensure precise results. For more advancement, the health centres are accommodated with all the high technology tools and machinery which make the system more efficient and accurate.
- Chennai is located near several seashores. Owing to this, the state often faces many water-borne diseases. Also, chronic infections like diabetes, high blood pressure, and excessive cholesterol and triglyceride levels have increased in Chennai. A quick diagnosis of such issues provide an advantage and makes it easier to combat them at their early phase. With Mfine, you can book any medical services and lab assessment, including Magnesium tests, anywhere in Chennai.
Why book the Magnesium test?
- Magnesium plays a role in regulating the calcium and potassium levels in your body. Your doctor may check your magnesium if these levels are consistently low.
- For instance, Magnesium deficiency is common among patients, treating the problem is crucial. This is where the need for health check-ups becomes more vital. Moreover, lack of care can lead to numerous complications such as irregular heartbeat rate, Cramps, seizures, Cardiac arrests or even death.
- Apart from this, patients suffering from kidney disorders or diabetes are recommended to appear for tests more often.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Magnesium test measure?
- As the name refers, the Magnesium test detects the Magnesium levels of the patients. The test is used to evaluate the Magnesium content in the body. The majority of magnesium is stored in the cells and bones, although it is also present in small amounts in our blood too.
- Moreover, the test interprets milligrams of magnesium present per deciliter of blood. A magnesium test or total serum magnesium is the only accurate test that solely revolves around determining our blood magnesium levels. Though MFine is developed for your assistance, you can book any medical services, including lab tests, at your fingertips. Book Magnesium test in Chennai now!
What Preparation is needed for Magnesium Test?
- Magnesium tests are general tests that don't necessitate any extra preparations. However, you can make your process more convenient by following the guidelines provided by the technician. Nevertheless, asked or not, you should disclose your medical history and the ongoing treatments you have.
- You should reveal the supplements and medications, as the doctor might prescribe you to avoid some of them which can affect the findings. Moreover, it is best to consult a doctor for extra preparation due to unnatural health consequences.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Abnormal Magnesium test reports can indicate the unbalance of magnesium levels in your blood. There can be two main consequences:
1.) Deficiency of Magnesium
2.) Elevated magnesium levels
Deficiency of Magnesium
When the results of the test show less than 1.7-milligram magnesium/deciliter in reports it may indicate the deficiency of magnesium. The deficiency in magnesium can indicate numerous conditions some of them are as follows:
- Impaired liver function
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Preeclampsia (During pregnancy)
- Digestive disorders
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Pancreas problems
Elevated levels of Magnesium
When the Magnesium test shows more than 2.2-milligram magnesium/deciliter in reports, it means you have excessive magnesium levels. Some major reasons for high magnesium levels are listed below:
- Kidney disorders
- Diseases of adrenal glands
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Addison disease
- Overconsumption of magnesium contained laxatives, supplements, or antacids.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Adyar, Chennai?
You just need to check the availability of medical services in your area with the MFine app. After that, you can easily collect sample collection for various tests at home through MFine. With a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be available for download within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Magnesium test in Chennai?
The cost of the tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. However, in Chennai, the Magnesium test can cost you roughly between Rs. 350 to Rs. 1600.
I am staying in Mumbai, Can I book a Magnesium test for my grandfather staying in Chennai?
Yes, you can easily book a Magnesium test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places with the help of MFine.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Magnesium test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Magnesium test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a Magnesium test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Magnesium test recommended?
Patients suffering from one or more than one of the following symptoms are advised to take a Magnesium test-
- Body ache
- Difficulty in breathing
- Slow heart rate
- Personality changes
Is a prescription required to book a Magnesium test?
No, you do not need to bring a prescription with you when getting the Magnesium Test for yourself. However, it is always advisable to seek the guidance of a doctor before having any tests performed on yourself.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Magnesium test definitive?
The magnesium content in our body depends on the calcium content and several other factors. Though, interpreting or defining the health on the basis of solely magnesium test might not be a good option. Doctors usually carry out other tests along with magnesium tests for more accurate findings.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Magnesium tests?
Clinicians usually recommend other blood and electrolyte tests and diagnostic procedures, and Magnesium tests to determine the overall health and diagnose the issue. Calcium and Electrolyte tests are some of the common tests recommended along with the magnesium test.
What diseases can be detected through the Magnesium test?
Magnesium test results can determine several diseases that affect our body’s Magnesium levels.
Elevated levels might indicate the following illnesses-
- Slow heart rate
- Low blood pressure
- Extreme fatigue, muscle fatigue
- Body ache
- Difficulty in breathing
Insufficiency of Magnesium can detect-
- Loss of appetite
- Personality changes
How can I download my Magnesium test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Magnesium tests in Chennai?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Magnesium tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.