Kidney Function Test in Ahmedabad
Request a Call Back
How to book a kidney function test in Ahmedabad?
What is the kidney function test used for?
Kidney function tests are similar to any organ functionality tests that evaluate the functionality of your kidneys. A variety of clinical laboratory tests can be used to investigate and assess kidney function. Obtaining an estimate of the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) and checking for proteinuria/albuminuria are the most feasible techniques to assess renal function in the clinic.
These tests help identify the problems with the kidney and are advised for the following-;
- For early detection of kidney-related disorders
- To diagnose kidney problems
- For monitoring the kidney function
- Routinely done in patients who have long-term or uncontrolled diabetes, hypertension, or early detection of signs of kidney failure.
- If urine routine shows significant proteinuria, or severe infection, etc.
What is included in the kidney function test?
|Blood test||Urine analysis||Clearance Rate test|
Procedure for kidney function test
Creatinine clearance test – A creatinine clearance test is performed on a 24-hour urine sample. It tells your doctor how much creatinine your body excretes in a single day.
- Urinate into the toilet as you normally would when you wake up on the day you begin the test.
- Urinate into a specific container provided by your doctor throughout the rest of the day and night.
- During the collecting procedure, keep the container covered and refrigerated. Carefully and clearly label the container and take it to a doctor for your results.
Blood test– Blood samples are required for BUN (blood urea nitrogen) and serum creatinine testing, which must be taken in a lab or a doctor’s office. Blood samples can also be collected at home, for which you can book a test on the MFine app.
- Before extracting blood, the technician puts an elastic band around your upper arm. This draws attention to the veins.
- The technician then cleans the vein’s surrounding area.
- They insert a hollow needle into your vein through your skin. The blood will be collected in a test tube and taken to the lab, where it will be analyzed.
- After the test, the technician will cover the puncture site with gauze or a bandage.
Glomerular filtration rate test – It is the best test to determine the glomerular function (GFR). GFR is defined as the rate at which the substances in plasma are filtered through the glomerulus of the kidney. Glomeruli are filter-like networks of blood vessels and capillaries in the kidney that filter the blood. The GFR is measured in milliliters per minute, and it is done with the use of markers that can define the functionality.
- Using Insulin-The measurement of GFR using inulin is considered one of the best methods for GFR estimation. The patient needs to be infused with inulin into the bloodstream, and then blood levels are measured after a set amount of time to determine the rate of inulin clearance.
- Use of serum creatinine- Creatinine is the most often utilized endogenous marker for evaluating glomerular function. Urine must be collected during a 24-hour period, or preferably over a precisely scheduled period of 5 to 8 hours.
How to prepare for the kidney function test?
You do not need any special preparation for the test.
If you go for a serum creatinine test and a blood urea nitrogen test, you have to give your blood sample. Likewise, if you do Microalbuminuria or albumin-to-creatinine ratio tests, creatinine clearance tests, and urinalysis, you need to give your urine sample.
Before the test
- 8-12 hours of fasting is required before a blood test as it assures better clarity in your results
- A creatinine blood test does not necessitate much planning. Fasting isn’t required. To achieve an accurate result, you can and should eat and drink as you normally do. However, any prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medications should be disclosed to your doctor.
- Do not take a protein-rich meal before going for a kidney function test, as recent high protein diets may cause large increases in blood creatinine and urea levels.
- Drink an appropriate amount of water before going for the test, as hydration level has a significant impact on BUN measurement.
- It is important to collect your urine accurately over the needed time frame for scheduled urine collections, such as the 24-hour urine creatinine clearance, as under or over collection will alter final results. As a result, a timed collection of 5 to 8 hours is preferable to a 24-hour collection.
- It is advised to collect midstream urine for urine analysis because epithelial cells and bacteria are usually eliminated in the first few seconds of your urine. So, the sample will be less contaminated, and you can get precise results.
After the test
- Hydrate yourself properly after the urine test, and make sure you eat immediately after a blood test.
Things to consider after the kidney function test is complete.
Remember that not only kidney diseases but some other disorders also have side effects that can affect your kidneys. When you get your test results, talk to your doctor about the disorders you face and let them know about your condition in detail. You should also let your doctor know about the medicines you take and other health issues you may have.
*What types of infection can kidney function tests detect?
A kidney function test can detect kidney infections caused by bacteria. Pyelonephritis (kidney infection) is a form of urinary tract infection (UTI) that starts in the urethra or bladder and spreads to one or both kidneys.
Bacteria can multiply and migrate to your kidneys if they enter your urinary tract through the tube that transports urine from your body (urethra). Kidney infections are most commonly caused by this.
You’ll probably be asked to produce a urine sample to test for bacteria, blood, or pus in your urine to confirm that you have a kidney infection. Your doctor may also take a blood sample for a culture, which is a lab test that examines your blood for bacteria or other organisms.
How much does the kidney function test cost?
The range of kidney function tests depends on the region and availability of pathology centers in your city. The cost does not vary much across different cities.
|Cities for Kidney Function Test||Price Starting From|
|KFT Test Price in Delhi||₹350|
|KFT Test Price in Gurgaon||₹400|
|KFT Test Price in Noida||₹350|
|KFT Test Price in Bangalore||₹390|
|KFT Test Price in Mumbai||₹400|
|KFT Test Price in Chennai||₹390|
|KFT Test Price in Hyderabad||₹390|
|KFT Test Price in Pune||₹400|
|KFT Test Price in Other Cities of India||₹390|
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the kidney function test?
Your report will be updated on the MFine app within 48 hours after sample collection. However, in some instances, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal kidney function test results indicate?
|Abnormal blood tests||Abnormal urine tests||Abnormal GFR|
|Abnormal blood test results can suggest diabetes, hypertension, cancer, kidney infection, and other conditions.||Taking a sample of your urine and analyzing it can reveal anomalies that indicate chronic kidney failure, stones, and infections.||Abnormal GFR results in kidney disease, causing damage to kidney functions and ultimately kidney failure.|
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is kidney function a definitive test?
Yes, a kidney function test is a definitive test as it can instantly interpret the abnormalities in your kidney functions.
How to read the kidney function test report?
|Creatinine Test||Blood urea nitrogen test||GFR test|
GFR of 60 or higher is in the normal range
Creatinine levels higher than 1.4mg/dL in men and 1.2mg/dL in women indicate an anomaly in the normal pattern, which might be a problem.
A high level of blood urea nitrogen indicates diseases like kidney failure, kidney disease, congestive heart failure, etc.
A low level of blood urea nitrogen indicates diseases like protein deficiency, liver failure, malnutrition, overhydration, etc.
Why book a kidney function test?
A kidney test is advised if you have the following symptoms:
- Random swelling of legs
- Weakness following anemia
- Always feeling tired
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unwillingness to eat
- Metabolic acidosis
- Congestive heart failure
- High level of potassium in the blood
- High level of urea
- Brain encephalopathy
Kidney function test at home – how does it work?
The Kidney Function Test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with a kidney function test?
There are no risks involved with the kidney function test.
What can affect the results of the kidney function test?
A kidney function test is conducted to test the functionality of your kidneys. A few medicines and substances may affect kidney function test results, some of which are as follows:
Why sanitisertumours kidney function test?
- A kidney function test is done to assess the functional capacity of your kidneys.
- Your physician may recommend it if you are a chronic patient of diabetes or hypertension, as these diseases may hurt the health of kidneys in the long term.
- This test is also recommended if you have chronic kidney disease or have risk factors for renal diseases.
- It is also done to monitor the effectiveness of treatment in patients with kidney disease.
- A kidney function test helps in the early detection of kidney-related disorders.
- A kidney function test also helps in the diagnosis of kidney infections such as pyelonephritis.
For further assistance
Book Kidney Function Test Near Me in Ahmedabad | MFine
Book Kidney Function Test Near Me in Ahmedabad | MFine
What does a kidney function test measure?
What Preparation is needed for a kidney function test?
- You may be asked to keep fasting for 8-12 hours before undergoing a kidney function test.
- You should, however, drink water normally as hydration levels affect BUN measurement.
- Avoid eating a protein-rich meal the night before going for a kidney function test, as it might erroneously increase the blood urea and creatinine levels.
- Inform the physician about all the medications that you are on.
- If you have been asked to collect a urine sample, it is recommended to collect midstream urine as the bacteria and toxins get flushed during the initial stream and there will be lesser chances of a false positive infection.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- The abnormal kidney function test results may indicate the following:
- Abnormal blood tests may be indicative of diabetes, hypertension, cancer, kidney infections, etc. Creatinine and urea are waste products that are filtered out by the kidneys. A high level of these in the blood indicates that the kidney is not able to perform its function properly.
- Abnormal urinalysis may be suggestive of kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, or infections involving the urinary system.
- Abnormal GFR may indicate renal impairment and chances of kidney failure.
- Once your physician identifies that there is an issue with your kidneys, he/she may order further tests for a more thorough diagnosis, which will help them devise the best treatment plan for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Nirnay Nagar, Ahmedabad?
Yes, you can avail of at-home sample collection by MFine from almost all the areas of Ahmedabad, including the Nirnay Nagar area. You simply need to book a slot on MFine when a certified lab technician will collect the AMH test sample from your location. You can conveniently download the test results within 48-72 hours.
What is the cost of a kidney function test in Ahmedabad?
Depending upon whether it is only a blood test, or a combination of blood test and urinalysis, and also the pathology laboratory, the cost of kidney function test in Ahmedabad can vary between Rs. 300 to 900.
I stay in Delhi. Can I book a kidney function test for my mother staying in Ahmedabad?
Yes, you can easily book the tests for your relatives staying in other cities through the MFine app. You just need to select their city and location and book the slot. Our certified lab technician from that city will go and collect the kidney function test sample at the scheduled time
How can I reschedule my appointment for a kidney function test?
You can easily reschedule your appointment for kidney function test sample collection through the MFine app. There is an option in the MFine app to reschedule the date and time for sample collection.
Is the lab technician coming for kidney function test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the kidney function test recommended?
A kidney function test is recommended to assess kidney function in patients suffering from renal diseases, hypertension, diabetes, or those who are at risk of developing kidney disease. It is also used for the diagnosis of kidney infections, such as pyelonephritis. It also helps to monitor the efficacy of kidney disease treatment in a patient.
Is a prescription required to book a kidney function test?
Yes, a doctor’s prescription is required to book a kidney function test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the kidney function test definitive?
Yes, a kidney function test is a definitive test that can identify any problems in your kidney functions immediately and thus is helpful in the early diagnosis of kidney diseases.
What other tests are usually recommended along with a kidney function test?
Some other tests may also be recommended by your physician along with a kidney function test for a more definitive diagnosis. These may include imaging studies such as sonography to look for structural abnormalities of kidneys, any obstruction, stones, or tumors. A 24-hour urine test, albumin to creatinine ratio, or microalbuminuria test may also be prescribed for better assessment of kidney function.
What diseases can be detected through the kidney function test?
A kidney function test is used for the diagnosis of renal impairment, chronic kidney disease, causes of hypertension, diabetes, kidney stones, pyelonephritis, to monitor the treatment for kidney disease, etc.
How can I download my kidney function test report?
- – Login to MFine
- – Go to your profile
- – Click Attachment and Reports
- – Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on a kidney function test in Ahmedabad?
Usually, you can avail yourself up to a 50% discount on a kidney function test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.