Book HBsAg Test in Noida
Request a Call Back
How to book the HBsAg test in Noida?
What is the HBsAg test used for?
The HBsAg test is used to diagnose hepatitis B infection. HBsAg is the primary antigen that can be detected following HBV infection. The surface antigen can be detected about 1-9 weeks after the emergence of clinical symptoms. HBsAg test is also used as a screening test before surgery and during pregnancy to ensure that a newborn from a hepatitis B virus mother can receive prophylactic treatment measures. Additionally, HBsAg test monitors and evaluates patients with an active HBV infection.
What is included in the HBsAg test?
The HbsAg test detects the presence of HbsAg in the blood. Additionally, the test measures the amount of HBsAg in blood.
Procedure for the HBsAg test
The HbsAg test is like other routinely performed blood tests.
- A trained phlebotomist will draw a small amount of blood by inserting the needle into the vein.
- The collected blood sample will be transferred to a small vial or test tube. The sample will then be sent to a partner lab for further processing.
- Slight pain may be experienced in the arm when the needle is inserted into the vein. However, the pain will fade off quickly. Some individuals may also experience redness and swelling at the needle insertion site.
- The procedure usually lasts for about 5-10 minutes.
How to prepare for the HBsAg test?
No special preparations are needed for a HbsAg test. Some biotin supplements (also known as Multi-vitamins, coenzyme R, Vitamin B7) can interfere with the HbsAg test results. Discuss the medications you are currently taking with your healthcare provider before the test.
Things to consider after the HBsAg test is complete.
No special considerations or precautions are needed once the test is complete. Check for the test status on the MFine mobile app or website. Once the results are available, download the report and discuss it with your doctor. The doctor may recommend additional tests or starting medications based on the results of your HBsAg test.
What types of infection can the HBsAg test detect?
The HBsAg test is used to detect hepatitis B infection.
How much does the HBsAg test cost?
The cost of an HBsAg test varies across different cities in India. The starting price of the test ranges between 128 and 1105 rupees.
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the HBsAg test?
You can expect to get the results for the HBsAg test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal HBsAg test results indicate?
A positive result for the HBsAg test indicates that you are infected with hepatitis B and can transmit the infection to other individuals. However, the HBsAg test does not differentiate between an acute and chronic hepatitis B infection. The HBsAg is used together with other hepatitis B blood tests like hepatitis B surface antibody (HBsAb) and hepatitis B core antibody (HBcAb) tests to determine the accurate clinical status of hepatitis B infection.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor to interpret the test reports.
Is the HBsAg test a definitive test?
Yes, the HBsAg test is a definitive test for diagnosing hepatitis B infection. However, your healthcare provider may recommend additional blood tests to determine if the infection is acute or chronic. The doctor may also recommend liver function tests and sometimes a liver biopsy test to assess the extent of liver injury.
How to read the HBsAg test report?
A positive result indicates that you have hepatitis B infection, and you can transmit the infection to other individuals. A negative result may indicate that you are not infected with the hepatitis B virus. However, your healthcare provider will recommend further tests for confirmation. Always interpret your test result in consultation with your healthcare provider.
Why book an HBsAg test?
- To screen or monitor patients with suspected hepatitis B viral infection.
- To monitor and evaluate individuals receiving treatment for hepatitis B infection.
- To screen pregnant individuals, who are blood or organ donors, and who require immunosuppressive therapy.
HBsAg test at home – how does it work?
The HBsAg test is just like any other blood test. A trained phlebotomist visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The Phlebotomist first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The Phlebotomist then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the HBsAg test?
The HBsAg test is devoid of any serious risks and injuries. Like other routinely performed blood tests, some individuals may experience pain, swelling, and redness at the site of needle insertion.
What can affect the results of the HBsAg test?
Biotin supplements may interfere with the HBsAg test results. Before HBsAg testing, disclose all the medications and supplements you are talking to your healthcare provider. The presence of food or fasting does not affect the results.
Why book the HBsAg test?
- HBsAg is a viral infectious disease that damages the liver and is used as a blood marker to screen for hepatitis B infections. Hepatitis B can be life-threatening. Patients with this infection have a higher chance of developing liver cancer, cirrhosis (a condition marked by liver scarring), and liver failure.
- HBsAg test determines the presence of this virus in the blood. In addition, the HBsAg test also helps determine the severity of the infection. The infection can be acute or chronic, according to which the line of treatment is decided. This test is also recommended as a routine test before surgery or pregnancy.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the HBsAg test measure?
- The HBsAg test determines the precise quantity of Hepatitis B virus in the blood sample. It also determines whether or not the Hepatitis B Virus is replicating in the liver. Thus, if a person tests positive for the infection, they can also know how mild or chronic the disease is in the body.
- This liver disorder may pass through fluids like blood, vaginal discharge, or sperms. Hence, this test is necessary for diagnosis and curbing the spreading of infection.
What Preparation is needed for the HBsAg test?
- You don't need any special preparation for the HBsAg blood test. However, inform your doctor about any medications and medical history before the tests as a precautionary measure. In addition, you may visit the facility having a regular diet.
- In some cases, your healthcare provider will notify you about the prerequisites of the test, if any. If your physician orders for some other tests with the HBsAg test, you may need to fast for 8-12 hours before the commencement of the test.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Noida?
Yes, through the MFine app, you can book an at-home sample collection service in various parts of Noida. The samples will be collected from your home by a certified phlebotomist at your preferred time slot. This doorstep facility offered by MFine will help you get tested in the comfort of your home.
What is the cost of the HBsAg test in Noida?
The cost of the HBsAg test in various parts of Noida lies between 300 rupees to 1500 rupees. It depends on the laboratory you choose to book. The price usually varies from one laboratory to another based on the infrastructure and the type of equipment used for the test.
I stay in Kolkata. Can I book an HBsAg test for my uncle staying in Noida?
Yes, through the MFine application, you can book the HBsAg test for your family and relatives. You can avail of this facility even if you stay in a different city. Select the preferred city and time slot and book the HBsAg test for your family. This app helps you book tests with a hassle-free doorstep sample collection facility.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the HBsAg test sample collection?
You can reschedule your appointment for the HBsAg test through the MFine application. This app gives you an easy and quick option for changing the time and date of your appointment. You can choose your preferred time slot during rescheduling, and the samples will be collected at that fixed schedule.
Is the lab technician coming for the HBsAg test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the HBsAg test recommended?
The physician recommends the HBsAg test if you are experiencing symptoms like
- Extreme fatigue
- Muscle pain
- Yellow coloured skin
- Pale coloured stool
- Dark urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Yellow eyes (jaundice)
- Loss of appetite
These signs may indicate the presence of the hepatitis B virus in your body.
Is a prescription required to book an HBsAg test?
No, a prescription is not always required to book an HBsAg test. You can check the hepatitis B antigen level in the lab without a doctor’s prescription. But, it is advised that you consult a physician and inform them of the symptoms to be sure whether to book the HBsAg test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the HBsAg test definitive?
No, an HBsAg test is not definitive.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the HBsAg test?
The HBsAg test is used to diagnose the presence of the hepatitis B virus in your body. But your healthcare provider may order other tests with the HBsAg test. They include
- Antibody to HBsAg
- Antibody to hepatitis B core antigen
Together, these tests help your doctor know whether you could benefit from vaccination or need counselling and treatment.
What diseases can be detected through the HBsAg test?
The HBsAg test is required to detect the presence of the hepatitis B virus in your body. This viral infection may cause severe damage to your liver, causing acute inflammation. A chronic hepatitis B infection can increase the risk of developing liver cancer and liver failure.
How can I download my HBsAg report?
- Log in to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the HBsAg test in Noida?
Usually, you can avail up to a 50% discount on the HBsAg test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.