Book Growth Hormone Test in Pune
Avail Growth Hormone test in Pune through MFine. You can book your Growth Hormone test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Growth Hormone test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. A growth Hormone test is usually recommended for undergrowth or overgrowth in children and low or high mass and bone density in adults.... View more
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book A Growth Hormone Test in Pune?
Lab infrastructure in Pune
The tier-1 cities such as Pune have always been a prime choice for people to get advanced treatment of severe diseases. Pune also serves as the main center to various nearby towns and villages. The city has extraordinary medical care facilities. Almost 30 private and government hospitals, 1200 clinics and 200 diagnostic centers are present in Pune. Other than that, various nursing homes and dispensaries are also set up. These establishments effectively tackle numerous diseases prevalent in the city, such as heart attack, kidney failure, lung disease and many more.
Pune has well-equipped labs with advanced machines and tools. Implementing the latest technology further allows the lab to conduct the test accurately. There is a proper system of the examination process, sample collection and disposal of the waste. The growth Hormone test is a medical test conducted to check if the body is secreting enough growth hormone or not. You can book the test online through the MFine app.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What Does the Growth Hormone Test Measure?
- A deficiency or high level of growth hormone in the body can lead to various health conditions. The growth hormone secreted by the pituitary gland is responsible for bone, height and mass growth and density. The growth hormone test is conducted to evaluate its level. The test includes a blood test for the growth hormone IGF-1 and IGBP-3. IGF-1 is responsible for regulating the level of growth hormone. It remains constant throughout the day. It is used to determine if the body is secreting enough GH or not. IGBP-3 is a protein that carries IGF-1. The test is conducted to detect the deficiency or excess of GH.
What Preparation is Needed for the Growth Hormone Test?
- One needs to follow a few things before the growth hormone test. Firstly, It is advised that the Growth Hormone test should not be performed when you are unwell. Also, if you are on any medication, inform your doctors as it can disrupt the result. Most importantly, it is advised to get the test done on an empty stomach. You should refrain from eating or drinking anything except water, at least 12 hours before the test. Moreover, some dietary guidelines need to be followed before the test; consult your doctor for that. Lastly, do not forget to tell your doctor about your allergies.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What Do Abnormal Results Indicate?
The abnormal result of a growth hormone test can indicate extremely low or high growth hormone levels in the blood. The high level of GH in adults can lead to health conditions such as acromegaly and gigantism. Gigantism is a condition with extremely large height, hands and feet. This can also indicate a tumor in the pituitary gland. The low level of GH in infants' bodies can indicate a growth hormone deficiency. It can also indicate hypopituitarism (low function of the pituitary gland).
Disclaimer: It has been advised to always consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Frequently Asked Questions | FAQs
Is the lab technician coming for Growth Hormone test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing masks and gloves and frequently sanitising themselves during sample collection.
Does MFine provide the interpretation for the results along with the reports?
Yes, MFine provides the interpretation for the result along with the reports. You can also avail a free medical consultation with a doctor to understand your reports accurately. The doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines, if required, based on the results.
How can I download my Growth Hormone test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click on Attachment and Reports
- Click on Lab Report
- Download the report
Are there any discount offers running on the Growth Hormone test?
Usually, you can avail yourself up to a 50% discount on the Growth Hormone test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.
Is there a way to tell when your HGH has been released?
When you sleep, most of your HGH is released in bursts. Circadian rhythm is a term used to describe the internal clock in your body that generates these pulses. Before midnight, the greatest pulses occur, with smaller pulses occurring in the early morning. As a result, it is an indicator that the HGH is released.
Is growth hormone released at a specific age?
There is a specific age for the release of growth hormones. At the age of five, the height of small children is likely to be compared to that of their peers, which is when the first peak occurs. Girls between the ages of 10 and 13 and boys between the ages of 12 and 16 are at their peak.
If growth hormone insufficiency is not addressed, what are the consequences?
Growth hormone is a very vital component of a child’s development. As a result, due attention should be given if issues are detected in a child’s growth. A rise in LDL (bad) cholesterol and osteoporosis can occur if growth hormone insufficiency is not detected and addressed. Therefore, in such cases, a doctor’s consultation is a must.
What is the cause of a lack of hGH?
Damage to the pituitary gland or another organ called the hypothalamus might result in a GH shortage. Congenital damage might be present from birth, or it can develop during or after delivery (acquired). It’s a pea-sized gland found at the base of the brain. It’s the body’s most important endocrine gland.
Growth hormone deficiency causes what disease?
- Dwarfism (GHD) is also known as pituitary dwarfism or growth hormone deficit.
- It is a disorder that occurs when the body does not produce enough growth hormones.
- GHD is characterised by abnormally short stature and normal body proportions in children with the disorder.
- Gestational hypertension disease (GHD) can be present at birth or develop later in life.
What is the procedure for diagnosing growth hormone insufficiency in adults?
GHD cannot be diagnosed with a single, straightforward, and risk-free test. The ITT or insulin tolerance test is considered the gold standard for diagnosing GHD biochemically in adults. The timely treatment for GHD might result in a significant improvement in growth deficiency issues, and it has been a proven fact as per a few medical theories.
Disclaimer: The content is uniquely informative and is meant for educational use. Kindly use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified or registered healthcare provider.