Book Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum Test in Kolkata
Avail Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum test in Kolkata through MFine. You can book your Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. A serum Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) test is usually recommended for the following symptoms:
- Dark urine
- Appetite suppression
- Skin itchiness
- Energy deficiency
- Abdominal ache
Request a Call Back
How to book a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test in Kolkata?
Lab infrastructure in Kolkata
Kolkata is one of India’s most populous metropolitan areas. Aside from basic civil facilities, the city provides a sophisticated healthcare system to assist those in need. The state health department is primarily responsible for the city’s healthcare facilities.
A slew of high-tech facilities can be found in Kolkata, which is quickly becoming a medical tourism hotspot. Aside from government hospitals, Kolkata is home to a plethora of world-renowned private hospitals capable of handling any emergency. Patients travel from all over the country to these facilities for specialised care. They provide the necessary treatment to help a patient regain their footing and resume their normal daily routines.
You can also get quick ambulance services in Kolkata to meet your emergency needs at any time and from any location. There are currently several healthcare policies on the market, each tailored to the unique healthcare needs of individuals and families.
If you are going through any of the diseases and their symptoms, you may book an appointment through the MFine app, and you can also avail of a test through MFine’s lab partner.
Why book Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test?
- The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) serum test is performed by your doctor to find liver-related problems. This test is also performed to differentiate between bone illnesses and liver illnesses. This may be the reason for the rise in alkaline phosphatase levels (ALP). Your doctor may ask you to do this test if he sees the symptoms of damage in the liver or diseases due to alcohol consumption. The liver disorder can be identified through-
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Itching in skin
- Abdomen pain
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test measure?
- Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase serum test is used to measure the GGT level in your blood. GGT is a type of enzyme that is found in the many organs of the body. However, it is mainly related to the liver. A high level of GGT may be a sign of illness in the liver. However, this test can not help isolate the cause of illness in the liver. So, this test is performed with some other liver tests. This test is used to.
- Check for a track of consumption of alcohol
- To check the disorders of liver or bile duct
- It may be performed with some other tests to differentiate between the bile duct and liver problems and bone diseases
What Preparation is needed for Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test?
- If you are going through a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase serum test, you may need to do it fast for at least 8 hours before having the test. You should tell your doctor about your health history and your pregnancy. You should also tell your doctor about the medications you are taking. It is also advised not to take some prescribed drugs or alcohol as this may affect the results of the test. Smoking is also not recommended as this may change the results. Consult with your doctor to interpret your reports.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The range of gamma-glutamyltransferase is different in different labs. However, adults have an average range of 5 to 40 units per litre (U/L). This range is slightly different for men. If your GGT range is not normal or low, you may have a chance of having liver disease.
If your level of GGT is more than normal, it may be a sign of having a liver injury. Some conditions may also cause -
- Side effects of certain drugs
- Heart failure
- Alcoholism disorder
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Amodghata, Kolkata?
Yes, you can collect samples at home using the MFine app. A lab technician will come to your home to collect a blood sample. He will send your sample for testing, and you will receive a report on the MFine app within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum test in Kolkata?
The price of a gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) serum test can range between Rs. 95 and Rs. 200. Because of the equipment used to examine the sample, this cost may vary from location to location.
I live in Punjab. Can I book Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum test for my grandfather staying in Kolkata?
Yes, anyone can a book test for anyone through the MFine app. You can book an appointment from anywhere with just a single click. You may also book for a test by sitting at your home.
How can I reschedule my appointment for sample collection?
You may reschedule your appointment for sample collection through the MFine app. You only need to log in on the MFine app, and then you need to go to the appointment option, and you may reschedule it as per your preference.
Is the lab technician coming for the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes, our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test recommended?
Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is recommended by your doctor, if you have the chance of having pancreatitis, diabetes, heart failure, hepatitis, drugs side effects, cirrhosis, etc. You may have the following symptoms – reduction in appetite, jaundice, vomiting, fatigue, etc.
Is a prescription required to book a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test?
No, the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is just like any other blood test, so you do not need to have any prescription. However, it is always advised to obtain a prescription from the doctor before going through any test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test a definitive test?
Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is economical for the patients. It is a highly sensitive and dependable laboratory test. This test is used to find the presence of hepatobiliary dysfunction and misuse of alcohol, but other tests are recommended along with GGT for accuracy. However, it is not definitive and may require other tests to support the diagnosis.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test?
Your doctor may ask you to do some other tests with the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase serum test to confirm your deformity. This test includes other serum tests that help the doctor to provide better treatment to the patients. Mostly this test is performed with the alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test.
What diseases can be detected through the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test?
Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is mostly performed by doctors to detect liver-related disorders. Your liver removes the protein metabolism and is toxic. This test is also used to detect diseases that may be because by excessive consumption of alcohol.
How can I download my Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test in Kolkata?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.