Book Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum Test in Gurgaon
Avail Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test in Gurgaon through MFine. You can book your Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test sample collection, the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is usually recommended for-
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Itching of skin
Request a Call Back
How to book a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test in Gurgaon?
Lab infrastructure in Gurgaon
Gurgaon, India’s emerging IT hub, is one of the country’s modern megacities, having undergone significant infrastructure upgrades in recent years. For several years, Gurgaon has grown at an exponential rate, allowing it to be classified as a Tier-2 city.
More than 200 commercial and government hospitals, as well as more than 150 diagnostic clinics, are part of Gurgaon’s health system. Furthermore, the Gurgaon Board of Health has made certain that the equipment and supplies in its health centres are up to date.
Because the city’s air quality index is relatively low, all of its residents are vulnerable to respiratory problems caused by air pollution. Gurgaon residents are currently dealing with a variety of respiratory issues, including asthma, sinusitis, and even skin allergies.
If you have any illnesses or allergies, you should schedule a lab test as soon as possible to address the issue. MFine can help you by arranging for immediate lab scans and checkups in Gurgaon. Make your booking now!
Why book Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test?
- The Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase (GGT) test is used to determine GGT levels in the blood. GGT is an enzyme found throughout the body, but it is primarily produced in the liver. GGT may leak into the bloodstream if the liver is damaged.
- Reduced Appetite
- Vomiting or nausea
- Tiredness and a lack of energy
- Pain in the abdomen
- Itching of skin
- Dark Urine
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test measure?
- A Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum test determines GGT levels in the blood. GGT is an enzyme that can be found in many different parts of the body, but it is primarily found in the liver.
- The GGT test may be ordered if your doctor suspects that your liver is damaged or that you have liver disease, especially if it is caused by alcohol consumption. The GGT test is currently one of the most sensitive enzymatic indicators of liver damage and illness. The most common cause of this injury is excessive use of alcohol or other dangerous substances such as drugs or toxins. This test is used to verify the following:
- To identify liver or bile duct disorders
- Used in conjunction with other tests (such as ALT, AST, ALP, and bilirubin) to differentiate between liver and bile duct problems and bone disease
- To screen for and monitor alcohol consumption
What Preparation is needed for Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT) Serum Test?
- If you are going through a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase serum test, you may need to fast for at least 8 hours before having the test. You should tell your doctor about your health history and your pregnancy. You should also tell your doctor about the medications you are taking. It is also advised not to take some prescribed drugs or alcohol as this may affect the results of the test. Smoking is also not recommended as this may change the results. Consult with your doctor to interpret your reports.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The range of gamma-glutamyltransferase is different in different labs. However, adults have an average range of 5 to 40 units per litre (U/L). This range is slightly different for men. If your GGT range is not normal or low, you may have a chance of having liver disease.
If your level of GGT is more than normal, it may be a sign of having a liver injury. Some conditions may also cause:
- Side effects of certain drugs
- Heart failure
- Alcoholism disorder
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail myself at-home sample collection in Patel Nagar, Gurgaon?
This test is just similar to any other blood test. A lab technician will visit your place for collecting a blood sample, and he will send it to the labs for examination. You will receive your reports in 24-48 hours.
What is the cost of a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test in Gurgaon?
The cost of the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase serum test ranges from Rs 150 to Rs 500. This cost may change from place to place and from hospital to hospital. This cost varies in different hospitals because of the equipment used for treatment. You are advised to consult with your doctor before going through the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test.
I live in Babupur. Can I book a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test for my grandmother staying in Gurgaon?
Yes, you can book a test from anywhere and for anyone with just a single click. You can log in to the MFine app and go for any test, and you may also book a test for your old relatives.
How can I reschedule my appointment for sample collection?
You may reschedule your appointment for sample collection through the MFine app. You only need to log in on the MFine app, and then you need to go to the appointment option, and you may reschedule it as per your preference.
Is the lab technician coming for the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes, our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test recommended?
Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is recommended by your doctor, if you have the chance of having pancreatitis, diabetes, heart failure, hepatitis, drugs side effects, cirrhosis, etc. You may have the following symptoms – reduction in appetite, jaundice, vomiting, fatigue, etc.
Is a prescription required to book a Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test?
No, the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is just like any other blood test, so you do not need to have any prescription. However, it is always advised to obtain a prescription from the doctor before going through any test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test a definitive test?
Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is economical for the patients. It is a highly sensitive and dependable laboratory test. This test is used to find the presence of hepatobiliary dysfunction and misuse of alcohol, but other tests are recommended along with GGT for accuracy. However, it is not definitive and may require other tests to support the diagnosis.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test?
Your doctor may ask you to do some other tests with the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase serum test to confirm your deformity. This test includes other serum tests that help the doctor to provide better treatment to the patients. Mostly this test is performed with the alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test.
What diseases can be detected through the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test?
Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test is mostly performed by doctors to detect liver-related disorders. Your liver removes the protein metabolism and is toxic. This test is also used to detect diseases that may be because by excessive consumption of alcohol.
How can I download my Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test in Gurgaon?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Serum test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.