Book Fructosamine Test in Hyderabad
- To screen the short-term effects of blood glucose levels.
- Hemolytic Anaemia symptoms.
- Nutritional Anaemia symptoms.
- During pregnancy and diabetes.
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Fructosamine Test in Hyderabad?
What is the Fructosamine Test used for?
The fructosamine test is used to help people with diabetes to monitor and regulate their blood glucose levels. Over a period of the past 2-3 weeks, the level of fructosamine in the blood reflects the level of glucose. Diabetic patients utilize the test to manage their blood sugar levels, especially in a short period. The test is especially beneficial during pregnancy since the fetus’s, and mother’s insulin and glucose requirements alter significantly. It’s also useful when disorders like blood loss, nutritional anaemia, sickle cell anaemia, and hemolytic anaemia impact the average age of red blood cells which makes the HbA1C or Glycosylated haemoglobin test not reliable for measuring average blood glucose levels.
What is included in a Fructosamine Test?
The fructosamine test includes the measurement of all blood proteins namely, albumin, globulin and others with which glucose binds. This helps in measuring average blood glucose levels over the past 2-3 weeks.
Procedure of a Fructosamine Test
A blood sample is collected for the fructosamine test. An antiseptic liquid is applied to the upper arm area, and an elastic band is tied around the upper arm. Then the healthcare provider inserts the needle into a vein in the arm. They collect the blood and keep it in a tube with the patient’s name labelled on it. The blood sample is subsequently sent to a lab to be tested for fructosamine.
How to prepare for the Fructosamine Test?
There is no need to prepare or fast for the fructosamine test. You can take your normal medications, eat, and drink as usual before the test. All you have to do is keep a few factors in mind that might affect the amount of fructosamine in your bloodstream. Do you have any medical problems, allergies? Or are you taking any drugs? Then inform your doctor before the fructosamine test.
Things to consider after the Fructosamine Test is complete
A high fructosamine level indicates that blood glucose levels have been raised over the past 2 to 3 weeks. The higher the amount of fructosamine, the higher the average blood glucose level will be. It’s more important to track the trend of values than to observe a single high value. After taking this test, you do not have to take any special precautions unless mentioned by your doctor.
What type of conditions can the Fructosamine Test detect?
The fructosamine test for diabetes is one of those blood tests which is mainly used for determining the average blood glucose levels during the past 2 to 3 weeks. It is not as widely used as the Glycosylated haemoglobin/HbA1c test, which evaluates average blood sugar in the past two to three months.
This test is used to determine the effectiveness of treatment if you are advised of any new drugs in the past 2-3 weeks. Also used in pregnancy for blood glucose monitoring.
How much does the Fructosamine Test cost?
The cost of a fructosamine test ranges from 500 Rs to 1000 Rs. The fee will vary depending on the city, lab partner, and location.
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the Fructosamine Test?
You can expect to get the results for the fructosamine test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal Fructosamine Test results indicate?
A high level of fructosamine in the blood means high average blood glucose levels in the past two to three weeks. The test is frequently repeated to track changes in fructosamine levels or when the HbA1C test is not reliable in certain medical conditions. It is wise to consult your doctor for a better interpretation of the result.
- A rise in fructosamine levels from normal to high may suggest that glucose management is inadequate.
- Blood glucose levels might also rise as a result of sickness or a lot of stress.
- A change in diet/medication and reassessment may be required to get the glucose under control.
A normal fructosamine level may suggest good glucose management and demonstrate the effectiveness of the present treatment strategy. Similarly, a shift from high to normal fructosamine levels might suggest that therapy adjustments were beneficial.
But this test is not recommended to diagnose diabetes.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is the Fructosamine Test a definitive test?
No. Because the Fructosamine test is not standardized and less accurate than the HbA1c test, it is used less frequently. A lot of overlap is there in ranges of fructosamine between healthy persons and diabetes patients. As a result, the fructosamine test must be viewed in the context of a person’s general medical history and trends in fructosamine values should be considered rather than a single value in the management of diabetes.
How to read the Fructosamine Test report?
The fructosamine test report can be interpreted as –
- 175-280 mmol/L – diabetes
- 210-421 mmol/L – controlled diabetes
- 268-870 mmol/L – uncontrolled diabetes
Please note that a single value of fructosamine is not recommended for the diagnosis or management of diabetes. Comparison with previous values is recommended.
Please consult your doctor for a better interpretation of the report and management of diabetes.
Fructosamine Test at home – how does it work?
The fructosamine test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm with antiseptic and then inserts a needle attached to a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vacutainer. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the Fructosamine Test?
There is no such risk involved with the fructosamine test. However, a tiny bruise can occur at the site from where the blood has been taken. You may not feel anything from the needle when a blood sample is obtained. You may feel a sting or slight pain. However, this is normally just for a brief period of time and subsides on its own quickly. Men and women of all age groups can take this test.
What can affect the results of the Fructosamine Test?
Several factors can affect the results of a fructosamine test.
The result may be inconclusive in the case of:
- Thyroid disease
- Liver disease
- Intestinal disease(protein-losing enteropathy)
- Kidney disorders (nephrotic syndrome)
- Increased immunoglobulin level etc.
It is found that the fructosamine test levels are lower in people who are:
- Have low albumin levels.
Also, fructosamine levels are higher in people:
- Who is exposed to UV rays as it tends to increase body temperature
- Who did short term and acute exercise
- With increased antibody levels and
- Who has anaemia
Why to Book a Fructosamine test?
- People with diabetes can monitor and control their blood glucose levels with the help of the fructosamine test. It has been found that the level of fructosamine in the blood closely reflects the level of glucose in the blood over the last two to three weeks.
- Therefore, these tests can manage the blood sugar level. Furthermore, during the period of pregnancy, requirements of glucose alter significantly, hence making the helpful Fructosamine test at those times. Additionally, the method helps determine an individual's average blood glucose levels.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Fructosamine Test Measure?
- Fructosamine Test measures the glucose proteins present in the blood. The primary reason to measure the glucose proteins includes checking the effect of medications and treatments.
- Treatments usually take place in 2-3 weeks of pregnancy. This test interprets the reports of blood glucose units in Mill moles per litre of blood.
- If you have any diabetic conditions and pregnancy, you're advised to take the Fructosamine test more often.
- With MFine, you can make your processing more manageable, and you can book a Fructosamine test in Hyderabad in a matter of minutes right away.
What Preparation is Needed for the Fructosamine Test?
- The Fructosamine test does not necessitate any special precautions or preparations. But even so,
- Firstly, it is advised to inform the doctor about any underlying problems and your family's health.
- Also, if you have any allergies, do not forget to mention those.
- Food intake does not interfere with the collection of samples, and therefore, there is no need to fast before sample collection.
- Certain medications may impact your test findings, so try to take a prescription from a doctor in that case. Besides this, if there is any other important information, your doctor will advise you.
What happens to your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Hyderabad?
Yes, you can get an at-home sample collection at various places in Hyderabad where MFine services are offered. The only thing you need to determine is whether or not MFine services are available in that area. Then, choose the timings based on convenience and range if available.
What is the cost of the Fructosamine Test in Hyderabad?
The cost of the testing varies depending on the laboratories and the infrastructure they utilise. The cost of a test in Hyderabad often ranges from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000.
I am staying in Kandivali, Mumbai. Can I book a Fructosamine test for my brother staying in Hyderabad?
Yes, with the help of MFine, you can schedule a Fructosamine test for distant relatives and old family members.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Fructosamine test sample?
You can effortlessly reschedule a Fructosamine test appointment using the MFine app or web service. In addition, the sample collection date and time can be rescheduled using the app.
Is the lab technician coming for a Fructosamine test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Fructosamine test recommended?
This test is recommended to patients who aren’t suitable to process through HbA1c and other blood tests. Patients in the middle of pregnancy are also advised to take the Fructosamine test more often to monitor the variations till the delivery. However, diabetic patients are also advised to take the test to track their glucose levels.
Is a prescription required to book a Fructosamine test?
A doctor’s prescription is typically not required to schedule a Fructosamine test. However, you should see a doctor before scheduling a test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Fructosamine test definitive?
No. The Fructosamine test is used less commonly than the HbA1c test since it is not regulated and is less reliable.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Fructosamine test?
Your health expert may recommend the HbA1c test, random blood sugar test, glucose tolerance test, fasting blood sugar test, along with the Fructosamine Test to confirm the test results.
What diseases can be detected through the Fructosamine Test?
The fructosamine test can detect several diseases. some of which are-
- Liver diseases.
- Kidney disorders. (nephritic syndrome)
- Thyroid diseases.
- Immunoglobulin levels.
How can I download my Fructosamine test report?
- Log in to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Fructosamine test in Hyderabad?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Fructosamine test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.