Book Fructosamine Test in Bangalore
- Numbness in hands and feet
- Unintentional weight loss
- Sores that heal slowly
- Frequent urination
- Extremely dry skin
- Excessive hunger
- Blurry vision
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Fructosamine Test in Bangalore?
What is the Fructosamine Test used for?
The fructosamine test is used to help people with diabetes to monitor and regulate their blood glucose levels. Over a period of the past 2-3 weeks, the level of fructosamine in the blood reflects the level of glucose. Diabetic patients utilize the test to manage their blood sugar levels, especially in a short period. The test is especially beneficial during pregnancy since the fetus’s, and mother’s insulin and glucose requirements alter significantly. It’s also useful when disorders like blood loss, nutritional anaemia, sickle cell anaemia, and hemolytic anaemia impact the average age of red blood cells which makes the HbA1C or Glycosylated haemoglobin test not reliable for measuring average blood glucose levels.
What is included in a Fructosamine Test?
The fructosamine test includes the measurement of all blood proteins namely, albumin, globulin and others with which glucose binds. This helps in measuring average blood glucose levels over the past 2-3 weeks.
Procedure of a Fructosamine Test
A blood sample is collected for the fructosamine test. An antiseptic liquid is applied to the upper arm area, and an elastic band is tied around the upper arm. Then the healthcare provider inserts the needle into a vein in the arm. They collect the blood and keep it in a tube with the patient’s name labelled on it. The blood sample is subsequently sent to a lab to be tested for fructosamine.
How to prepare for the Fructosamine Test?
There is no need to prepare or fast for the fructosamine test. You can take your normal medications, eat, and drink as usual before the test. All you have to do is keep a few factors in mind that might affect the amount of fructosamine in your bloodstream. Do you have any medical problems, allergies? Or are you taking any drugs? Then inform your doctor before the fructosamine test.
Things to consider after the Fructosamine Test is complete
A high fructosamine level indicates that blood glucose levels have been raised over the past 2 to 3 weeks. The higher the amount of fructosamine, the higher the average blood glucose level will be. It’s more important to track the trend of values than to observe a single high value. After taking this test, you do not have to take any special precautions unless mentioned by your doctor.
What type of conditions can the Fructosamine Test detect?
The fructosamine test for diabetes is one of those blood tests which is mainly used for determining the average blood glucose levels during the past 2 to 3 weeks. It is not as widely used as the Glycosylated haemoglobin/HbA1c test, which evaluates average blood sugar in the past two to three months.
This test is used to determine the effectiveness of treatment if you are advised of any new drugs in the past 2-3 weeks. Also used in pregnancy for blood glucose monitoring.
How much does the Fructosamine Test cost?
The cost of a fructosamine test ranges from 500 Rs to 1000 Rs. The fee will vary depending on the city, lab partner, and location.
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the Fructosamine Test?
You can expect to get the results for the fructosamine test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal Fructosamine Test results indicate?
A high level of fructosamine in the blood means high average blood glucose levels in the past two to three weeks. The test is frequently repeated to track changes in fructosamine levels or when the HbA1C test is not reliable in certain medical conditions. It is wise to consult your doctor for a better interpretation of the result.
- A rise in fructosamine levels from normal to high may suggest that glucose management is inadequate.
- Blood glucose levels might also rise as a result of sickness or a lot of stress.
- A change in diet/medication and reassessment may be required to get the glucose under control.
A normal fructosamine level may suggest good glucose management and demonstrate the effectiveness of the present treatment strategy. Similarly, a shift from high to normal fructosamine levels might suggest that therapy adjustments were beneficial.
But this test is not recommended to diagnose diabetes.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is the Fructosamine Test a definitive test?
No. Because the Fructosamine test is not standardized and less accurate than the HbA1c test, it is used less frequently. A lot of overlap is there in ranges of fructosamine between healthy persons and diabetes patients. As a result, the fructosamine test must be viewed in the context of a person’s general medical history and trends in fructosamine values should be considered rather than a single value in the management of diabetes.
How to read the Fructosamine Test report?
The fructosamine test report can be interpreted as –
- 175-280 mmol/L – diabetes
- 210-421 mmol/L – controlled diabetes
- 268-870 mmol/L – uncontrolled diabetes
Please note that a single value of fructosamine is not recommended for the diagnosis or management of diabetes. Comparison with previous values is recommended.
Please consult your doctor for a better interpretation of the report and management of diabetes.
Fructosamine Test at home – how does it work?
The fructosamine test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm with antiseptic and then inserts a needle attached to a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vacutainer. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the Fructosamine Test?
There is no such risk involved with the fructosamine test. However, a tiny bruise can occur at the site from where the blood has been taken. You may not feel anything from the needle when a blood sample is obtained. You may feel a sting or slight pain. However, this is normally just for a brief period of time and subsides on its own quickly. Men and women of all age groups can take this test.
What can affect the results of the Fructosamine Test?
Several factors can affect the results of a fructosamine test.
The result may be inconclusive in the case of:
- Thyroid disease
- Liver disease
- Intestinal disease(protein-losing enteropathy)
- Kidney disorders (nephrotic syndrome)
- Increased immunoglobulin level etc.
It is found that the fructosamine test levels are lower in people who are:
- Have low albumin levels.
Also, fructosamine levels are higher in people:
- Who is exposed to UV rays as it tends to increase body temperature
- Who did short term and acute exercise
- With increased antibody levels and
- Who has anaemia
Why Book a Fructosamine Test?
- A fructosamine test is a simple blood test conducted to determine the average blood sugar levels. When sugar and protein are combined in the body, it results in fructosamine.
- Because albumin makes up about 60-80% of total protein in plasma, glycated albumin (GA) is the most specific component for fructosamine testing.
- If you've diabetes, your health care provider may suggest the Fructosamine test to determine the progress of the treatment. This test also examines the impact of short-term dietary, exercise, or pharmaceutical modifications without any hassle.
- A Fructosamine Test is also recommended during pregnancy when the body goes through several changes in a week.
- If you have a history of conditions like anemia, sickle cell disease, hemoglobinopathy, or blood loss, there are higher chances that your health care provider will suggest the Fructosamine test.
- If you're experiencing symptoms like numbness in your hands and feet, unintentional weight loss, and excessive thirst and urination, then you should get the test done for yourself. This indicates abnormal fructosamine levels in the body.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Fructosamine Test Measure?
- The Fructosamine Test is just like any other blood test that helps in measuring all blood proteins such as albumin, globulin, and others with which glucose binds in the body.
- This is an effective method to check the progress of diabetes in the body. It helps in determining the abnormal glucose levels in the body.
- If your body is showing symptoms that point towards abnormal fructosamine levels in the body, book the Fructosamine Test through MFine as soon as possible.
What Preparation is Needed for the Fructosamine Test?
- The Fructosamine Test does not require any special or serious preparation. You don't even have to fast for this test. However, you need to inform your doctor about all the medication that you're taking, allergies that you have, and conditions you've suffered through in the past. All these can affect the glucose level in your bloodstream.
- If you've any symptoms that affect the glucose levels in your body, then you should book the Fructosamine Test at the earliest.
What happens to your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail myself of an at-home sample collection in Bangalore?
Yes, you can easily avail of sample collection for various tests at home through MFine. Within a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be available for download within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Fructosamine Test in Bangalore?
The cost of the tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. The charges for the test in Bangalore can range between Rs 500 to 1000.
I live in Delhi. Can I book a Fructosamine Test for my grandfather staying in Bangalore?
Yes, you can easily book the Fructosamine Test for your relatives in places where the MFine services are easily available
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Fructosamine test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Fructosamine Test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a Fructosamine Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Fructosamine Test recommended?
The Fructosamine Test is recommended for people who are having symptoms such as numbness in hands and feet, unintentional weight loss, increased thirst, increased urination, and so on.
Is a prescription required to book a Fructosamine Test?
No, the Fructosamine Test does not require a prescription for its conduction. However, it is always recommended to seek a doctor’s advice before you get any test conducted on yourself.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. Maine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Fructosamine Test definitive?
The Fructosamine Test is not definitive. It is less accurate than the HbA1c test. However, it is not used as much as the Fructosamine Test. As a result, several other tests are recommended to confirm test readings.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Fructosamine Test?
Your health expert may recommend the HbA1c test along with the Fructosamine Test to confirm the test results.
What diseases can be detected through the Fructosamine Test?
Fructosamine or abnormal levels of glucose in the blood indicate the presence of various blood disorders. If glucose management is bad in the body, it means the glucose levels are high. Extreme stress, diabetes, prolonged sickness, and so on can show high glucose levels in the body.
How can I download my Fructosamine Test report?
- Log in to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Fructosamine Test in Bangalore?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Fructosamine Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.