Free Thyroxine Test (FT4 Test)
Request a Call Back
How to book an FT4 Test in Kolkata?
Why Book the FT4 Test?
- The FT4 test, also known as the thyroxine test, is conducted to detect thyroid diseases such as Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism in your body. In today's changing environment, thyroid disease has become pretty common, especially due to increasing pollution in metropolitan cities, affecting the thyroid glands.
- A hormone known as thyroxine is naturally produced by your thyroid and is responsible for the functioning of several body parts, including metabolism and growth. Our healthcare professionals conduct the FT4 test in order to determine if you have any thyroid-related issues, which later can take a toll on your head.
- The FT4 test is conducted by your healthcare professional to understand the problem showing adverse effects on your thyroid. Two reasons why this test is suggested are: during regular checkups, especially in pregnancy, and to monitor the treatment of thyroid disease, which perhaps helps to study the condition carefully.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the FT4 Test measure?
- The FT4 test is usually recommended by doctors to monitor the thyroid diseases in your body and measure their impact properly.
- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism are common thyroid diseases that occur for several reasons, such as coming in contact with the infected person or breathing unhealthy air.
- The FT4 test is conducted to measure the amount of the TSH, T4 and T3 hormones in your blood which provides energy to several body parts; hence, it is important to keep them in place.
What Preparation is Needed for the FT4 Test?
- Going under the FT4 test isn't a hectic process if you follow your healthcare provider instructions religiously. The first thing that should be kept in mind is to inform your doctor about your medical history, the drugs you are consuming, as they might help them plan the treatment well and acquire accurate results.
- Note, there are certain drugs or medications which boost the T4 levels; therefore, the chances are high that your healthcare provider will ask you to discontinue them till the day of the test. Some of these drugs are-
- Pills designed to treat thyroid conditions
- Drugs that have hormones, including birth control pills or estrogen
- Medications to treat cancer, Steroids
- Also, before going for the FT4 test, it is essential to fast for 8-12 hours as this test is conducted on empty stomach. In case there are any further instructions, your doctor will inform you about them.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
- The normal T4 range in adults can range from 0.9 to 1.9 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). Free T4 levels vary in children according to age. Several conditions can be caused due to abnormal levels of Ft3, FT4, Tsh in the body. They are:
- High levels of T4 and low TSH can indicate that the thyroid is overactive - hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the body produces higher thyroxine hormone levels than normal.
- Low levels of FT4 and high TSH can indicate that the thyroid is not active enough - hypothyroidism. In hypothyroidism, the body fails to produce sufficient amounts of thyroxine hormones which causes health issues. This condition is difficult to detect in the early stages as there are almost no symptoms.
- Thyroiditis is a condition where the thyroid glands get inflamed or swell up.
- Disclaimer: It has been advised to always consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Frequently Asked Questions | FAQs
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Kolkata?
Yes, it is easy to avail of at-home sample collection in Kolkata through MFine mobile app. With a single click, you may choose a preferable slot for the test at the convenience of your home and your test report will be sent to your doorstep.
What is the cost of the FT4 Test in Kolkata?
The cost of several tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. Different cities have varied prices too. The approximate price for the FT4 test in Kolkata ranges from Rs 500 to Rs 700 per person.
I stay in Delhi. Can I book an FT4 test for my uncle staying in Kolkata?
Yes, you can easily book an FT4 test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places with the help of the MFine app.
How can I reschedule my appointment for an FT4 test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for an FT4 test through the MFine app. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for an FT4 test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes, Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection
When is an FT4 test recommended?
You may be advised of this test by your healthcare provider in case they detect potential symptoms. Or if they want to find out if you’re suffering from thyroid problems such as Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, or Thyroiditis
Is a prescription required to book an FT4 test?
No, generally it is not required to take a prescription from a registered doctor to book an FT4 test. Still, it is good to consult a doctor first before you plan for the test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes, MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the FT4 test definitive?
The FT4 test is not a definitive test, but an indicative one. Along with T4, T3 is also a major hormone produced by the thyroid gland that helps regulate the body’s metabolism.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the FT4 test?
The doctor might prescribe other tests such as T3 and TSH tests along with the FT4 test for detailed examination.
What diseases can be detected through the FT4 Test?
Several health disorders detected through the FT4 test include Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, and Thyroiditis.
How can I download my FT4 test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the FT4 test in Kolkata?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the FT4 test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.