Book B-HCG Test in Ahmedabad
Request a Call Back
How to book a B-HCG test in Ahmedabad?
Lab infrastructure in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is an emerging hub in healthcare services and medical infrastructure. Both government and private organizations have ensured quick and reliable medical services to their people.
Why book a B-HCG test?
- The B-HCG test helps in confirming pregnancy. In addition, other reasons to book a B-HCG test are:
- Detection of chances of miscarriages
- Observing a woman's overall health after a miscarriage
- Detection of ectopic pregnancy
- Monitor fetal growth and development
- Screening for Down's syndrome
- Detection of duodenal ulcer, cirrhosis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Monitor cancer treatment progress
- Detection of germ cell tumor in case of associated symptoms.
- Doctors also prescribe a B-HCG test to women undergoing certain medical treatments to check if they are pregnant. In the case of men, this test is conducted to check the level of B-HCG to detect testicular cancer.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the B-HCG test measure?
- The B-HCG test measures the level of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone in your blood.
- It is essential to detect this hormone in your blood or urine during a pregnancy test. The urine test and B-HCG test both can confirm if you are pregnant. But the B-HCG test can let you know the exact level of the hormone present in your blood. Hence, this test is also called a Quantitative Pregnancy Test.
- The beta HCG levels in your blood are calculated in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).Usually, the hormone level lower than 5 mIU/ml is taken as negative. Whereas, to confirm pregnancy, the hormone level must be higher than 25 mIU/ml.
What Preparation is needed for the B-HCG test?
- There is no fasting required for the B-HCG test. You can take all your regular medications at the usual time.
- Make sure to ask the healthcare provider for any specifications to follow before the test.
- Furthermore, certain drugs like diuretics, tranquilizers, or antihistamines can alter the test results. In addition, a few fertility medications containing HCG can also give false results. Therefore, please inform your physician about your medical history for an accurate diagnosis.
- Pregnant women can undergo this test without any issues or restrictions.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The beta HCG levels in your blood are calculated in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
If the level of the HCG hormone is less than 5 mIU/ml, the result is considered negative.
Some other reasons for lower than expected HCG levels in your blood include:
- Potential miscarriage
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Misinterpreted gestational age
To confirm pregnancy, the hormone level must be higher than 25 mIU/ml. However, the other reasons behind the increase of the hormone in your blood are:
- Molar pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancies
In case of abnormal B-HCG results, the doctor prescribes repeated testing to diagnose the associated problems.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Ahmedabad?
Through the MFine app, you can book an at-home sample collection service in various parts of Ahmedabad. The samples will be collected from your home by a certified phlebotomist at your preferred time slot. This doorstep facility offered by MFine will help you get tested in the comfort of your home.
What is the cost of the B-HCG test in Ahmedabad?
The average cost of the Alkaline phosphatase test in Ahmedabad ranges from 600 rupees to 700 rupees. It depends on the laboratory you choose to book. The charges may vary according to the laboratory infrastructure and the equipment used for the test.
I stay in Pune. Can I book a B-HCG test for my sister staying in Ahmedabad?
Yes, the MFine app helps you book the beta HCG test for your family and relatives staying in different cities. Select the preferred city and time slot to fix an appointment for your family. This app helps you book tests with a hassle-free doorstep sample collection facility.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the B-HCG test sample collection?
Through the MFine app, you can reschedule your appointment for the B-HCG test. It gives you an easy and quick option for changing the time and date of your booking. You can choose your preferred date and time during rescheduling. The samples will be collected at the fixed schedule.
Is the lab technician coming for B-HCG test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the B-HCG test recommended?
The healthcare provider asks for a B-HCG test if you experience the following symptoms:
- Pain and soreness of the breast
- Abdominal cramp and discomfort
- Extreme fatigue
Your doctor can also recommend this test if you show symptoms of ectopic pregnancy like:
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Pelvic pain
- Lower backache
Yes, it would help if you had a prescription to book a B-HCG test. Your doctor must know what symptoms you are experiencing before ordering a test. Moreover, placental health is related to the beta HCG levels in your bloodstream. Therefore, pregnant women should follow the doctor’s prescription to undergo this test.
Is a prescription required to book a B-HCG test?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
The beta HCG test is not definitive as it doesn’t provide 100% accurate results. Sometimes, the test results may alter due to various factors, giving false negatives or false positives in the report. In those cases, your healthcare provider may ask you to undergo another B-HCG test for accurate diagnosis.
Is the B-HCG test a definitive test?
If you have lower than expected HCG hormone levels in your blood, there are chances of potential miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, your doctor may conduct other tests like a transvaginal ultrasound to evaluate the pregnancy status.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the B-HCG test?
The B-HCG test can detect diseases such as
- Testicular cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel disease
- Liver diseases, like cirrhosis
- Duodenal ulcer
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
This test is also useful in detecting ovarian germ cell tumors, teratomas, and Down syndrome screening of the fetus.
- – Login to MFine
- – Go to your profile
- – Click Attachment and Report
- – Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail up to 50% discount on the B-HCG test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.