Book Blood Urea Nitrogen Test in Noida
Request a Call Back
How to book a Blood Urea Nitrogen test in Noida?
Lab Infrastructure in Noida
Noida is a tier-2 city, but it is fast developing in the medical field. The city has more than 100 pathology centers, 32 hospitals, around 236 clinics to provide immediate care. The labs and diagnostic centers have availability of all the equipment and devices. Above all, the experienced doctors and lab technicians make the labs meet global standards.
Why book the Blood Urea Nitrogen test?
- The Blood Urea Nitrogen test is a routine checkup conducted when doctors suspect kidney disorders. Various health ailments can be detected, such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, which increase the risk of kidney stones or other kidney-related issues. Doctors may also prescribe the test if your family has a history of kidney disease.
- You should book yourself a Blood Urea Nitrogen test if you have the following symptoms:
- Frequent urination
- Discolored or bloody pee
- Swelling in various body parts
- Muscle cramps
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Blood Urea Nitrogen test measure?
- The Blood Nitrogen test is conducted to measure urea nitrogen content in the blood. But in case the urea nitrogen level is abnormally high, then it may be a sign that the kidney is not functioning properly or is damaged. Kidneys filter out urea from the blood. So if urea is present in high amounts, it indicates that the kidney is not filtering it.
- The low level indicates that all urea is filtered out of the blood. However, various other factors can lead to abrupt urea nitrogen levels in the blood.
What Preparation is needed for the Blood Urea Nitrogen test?
- You can eat and drink anything before the test. However, it is advised to consult your doctor before the test if you are taking any medication. Certain medicines can alter the test result. As such, fasting is not required, but if you are prescribed some other tests along with the BUN, then you'll need to fast. No such preparation is required for the test.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
BUN tests can indicate the presence of various diseases and detect infections. The high level of urea nitrogen is an indication of kidney diseases. However, some other ailments are also detected by the test, such as:
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Heart disease
- Liver Disease
The abnormally high or low urea nitrogen level can be various other reasons. So it's best to consult your doctor to interpret the result.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Sector 46, Noida?
With the MFine app, you can easily get the service of at-home sample collection options. Go to the app and book the test by providing your address and correct pin code.
What is the cost of the Blood Urea Nitrogen test in Noida?
The cost of the Blood Urea nitrogen test is not fixed, and it can vary due to various factors. However, the general cost of the BUN test is Rs 100.
I am staying in Bangalore. Can I book a Blood Urea Nitrogen test for my uncle staying in Noida?
Yes, you can easily book the test online with the MFine app. You can schedule an appointment for any of your relatives right from your home, and it is a quick and convenient way of booking any medical test.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the Blood Urea Nitrogen sample collection?
With the MFine app, you can easily reschedule the Blood Urea Nitrogen sample collection appointment. There is an option to change the appointment’s time, location, and even the date in the app.
Is the lab technician coming for Blood Urea Nitrogen test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Blood Urea Nitrogen test recommended?
Doctors prescribe the test to detect various kidney disorders and other health ailments. If you have symptoms such as pain during urination, discolored pee, swelling of various body parts, fatigue, restlessness, and muscle cramps, then doctors may recommend you to take the BUN test.
Is a prescription required to book a Blood Urea Nitrogen test?
Blood Urea Nitrogen test is not a prescription test, and you can book it through the MFine app without even a prescription. However, when doctors suspect kidney diseases, they may recommend the test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Blood Urea Nitrogen test a definitive test?
The Blood Urea Nitrogen test is not a definitive one, and the result of BUN can easily be influenced by a high protein diet, pregnancy and various other factors. An abnormally high or low urea nitrogen test is not always an indication of kidney disorders.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Blood Urea Nitrogen test?
The Blood Urea Nitrogen test is not a definitive test, and therefore doctors may prescribe some other tests too. Creatinine test, urine routine, urine creatinine albumin ratio, and a Glomerular Filtration Rate test (GFR) are other tests conducted along with the BUN test.
What diseases can be detected through the Blood Urea Nitrogen test?
The high level of urea nitrogen in the blood can indicate diseases such as:
- Kidney diseases
- Stress and shock
- Congestive heart attack
- Urinary blockage
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
The low level of urea nitrogen in the blood can indicate:
- Liver disease
How can I download my Blood Urea Nitrogen test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers on the Blood Urea Nitrogen test in Noida?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Blood Urea Nitrogen test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.