Book Alkaline Phosphatase Test in Noida
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an alkaline phosphatase test in Noida?
What is the Alkaline Phosphatase Test used for?
The alkaline phosphatase test (ALP test) can help to determine the following:
- blockage of bile ducts
An alkaline phosphatase blood test can also help diagnose the following bone problems:
- Paget’s disease
This test can also be useful in answering for the presence of cancer tumors, unusual bone growth, or deficiency of vitamin D.
Higher blood levels of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) may also indicate problems with your liver or gallbladder. These problems may include:
- blockage of bile ducts
- liver cancer
What is included in the Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
- Alkaline phosphatase is a kind of test that allows measuring the amount of ALP in your blood. You have alkaline phosphatase throughout your body, including your liver, digestive system, kidneys, and bones.
- If you show signs of liver disease or a bone disorder, your doctor may order an alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test to measure the amount of the enzyme in your blood and help in diagnosing the difficulty.
- It is frequently ordered along with other tests, such as a gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) test and/or as part of a liver panel, which checks how your liver is working.
Procedure for Alkaline Phosphatase Test
- In an ALP test, blood needs to be drawn from your arm, and it is performed by a healthcare practitioner.
- The healthcare professional then sanitizes the skin on the front side of the elbow with alcohol and ties a tourniquet band, which will allow pooling the blood from the vein.
- Insert the needle into the vein to draw blood and then collect it in a tube.
- This process is simple and quick and causes less pain or soreness.
- The blood sample is then collected, and further analysis is done in the laboratory. Usually, the ALP test takes 24-48 hours to get the report.
How to prepare for an Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
You may have to limit food and liquids for several hours before the test. Some medicines interfere with the results. So, make sure your doctor knows about all drugs you take, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements. Be sure to let your doctor know if you are pregnant because that will increase the level of ALP in your blood.
Things to consider after Alkaline Phosphatase Test is complete
When the test is done, the lab tech will take the tourniquet off, and you will get a bandage on the spot where the needle went in. It takes only a few minutes. The sample is immediately sent to a medical laboratory for analysis. Most of the time, you will be able to return to your normal activities right away. Once the test results are back, your healthcare provider will share the results with you.
What types of infection can the Alkaline Phosphatase test detect?
The ALP test can be helpful in identifying conditions such as
- Blockage of bile ducts (from a gallstone, inflammation, or cancer)
- Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder)
- Cirrhosis (scarring of the liver)
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
- Rickets, a weakening or softening of the bones in children
- Osteomalacia, a softening of the bones in adults usually due to significant vitamin D deficiency
- Paget’s disease of the bone, a condition causing serious concerns with bone destruction and regrowth
- ALP testing may also be helpful in investigating the presence of cancer tumours, unusual bone growth, or vitamin D deficiency.
How much does an Alkaline Phosphatase test cost?*
The cost may vary from city to city. However, the starting price of the test is between ₹70 and ₹200. From the below table, you can book the alkaline phosphatase test:
|City||Test Price Starting from|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Delhi||₹ 70.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Gurugram||₹ 72.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Noida||₹ 72.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Ghaziabad||₹ 72.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Faridabad||₹ 75.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Bengaluru||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Chennai||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Mumbai||₹ 120.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Vizag||₹ 124.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Chandigarh||₹ 150.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Mysore||₹ 170.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Jaipur||₹ 170.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Ahmedabad||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Kolkata||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Indore||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Pune||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Amritsar||₹ 178.0|
|Alkaline Phosphatase ALP Cost in Coimbatore||₹ 178.0|
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
You can expect to get the results for the alkaline phosphatase test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal Alkaline Phosphatase test results indicate?
Abnormal results may be due to the following conditions:
Higher-than-normal ALP levels
- Biliary obstruction
- Bone disease
- Eating a fatty meal if you have blood type O or B
- Liver disease
- Healing fracture
- Bone tumors
- Paget disease
- Protein deficiency
Lower-levels of ALP levels leads to
- Wilson disease
Many other conditions for which ALP test should be done:
- Renal cell carcinoma
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia
- Biliary stricture
- Giant cell arteritis
Disclaimer: Please consult your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is Alkaline Phosphatase a definitive test?
ALP test results are usually regarded as accurate. There are potential sources of error in the processing and analysis of your blood sample, so laboratories must take care to follow best practices to ensure dependable results.
If your ALP level is high, your doctor may have you take another test, known as the ALP isoenzyme test. This test determines the level of alkaline phosphatase in blood and finds out whether it is coming from the liver or the bones.
How to read the Alkaline Phosphatase report?
Normal range for alkaline phosphatase (ALP) varies from laboratory to laboratory. One common reference range is from 44 to 147 international units per litre (IU/L), but some organizations recommend a range of 30 to 120 IU/L.
High levels of ALP are also seen in growing children and pregnant women and are considered normal.
Low levels of ALP are seen in patients with malnutrition and certain genetic disorders. ALP levels also decrease temporarily after heart surgery and blood transfusion.
Normal values may vary slightly from laboratory to laboratory. The normal range of values of ALP differs by age and pregnancy status. ALP values are higher in children because their bones are actively growing, while the ALP values increase during pregnancy in tandem with the development of the placenta and the approach of childbirth.
|By U/L||By μkat/L|
|Adults||33 to 96 U/L||0.55 to 1.6 μkat/L|
|Children||Under 350 U/L||Under 5.8 μkat/L|
|Pregnancy (first trimester)||17 to 88 U/L||0.28 to 1.47 μkat/L|
|Pregnancy (second trimester)||25 to 126 U/L||0.42 to 2.1 μkat/L|
|Pregnancy (third trimester)||38 to 229 U/L||0.63 to 3.8 μkat/L|
Why book Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
- Health care providers will ask you for alkaline phosphatase (ALP) test for monitoring, screening, and diagnosing if you have any liver or biliary diseases or bone disorders.
- ALP test is usually a part of a comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) and liver panel test. It is performed to keep track of your health to see if the health is getting better or getting worse.
- To detect any liver diseases such as jaundice, swelling, nausea and/or vomiting, unexplained weight loss, edema, abdominal pain, urine is dark color and changes in stool color to light.
- An ALP test can also help diagnose the cause of more general symptoms, such as fatigue.
Alkaline Phosphatase Test at home – how does it work?
The alkaline phosphatase test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the Alkaline Phosphatase Test?
ALP tests are common and a very important part of routine testing and screening. There is not much of a risk of having this test. There might be a slight injury in the vicinity where the blood was drawn for the test. But it subsides faster.
What can affect the results for the ALP test?
Eating before the test may slightly increase your ALP levels for a few hours. Levels can change from person to person. In the case of pregnant women, the levels of ALP are usually higher than the normal range. Mostly in young children, the levels of ALP are higher because it is a growing phase. And sometimes due to intake of certain drugs, like contraceptive pills, it lowers your ALP levels and some drugs can increase the ALP levels.
Why book an alkaline phosphatase test?
- This test becomes necessary for the patient suffering from vitamin D deficiency and liver infections. The specialist suggests this test in case of abdominal swelling and frequent jaundice symptoms.
- In addition, this test helps the specialist diagnose any liver, pancreas, and gall bladder damage. Bone deficiency and bone marrow infections are other factors that need the alkaline phosphatase test reports.
- This infection occurs in the form of symptoms like a constant pain in joints, frequent bone fractures, and abnormal growth of bones.
- The specialist also recommends the alkaline phosphatase test when the patient suffers from constant itching in the body and weakness because of frequent weight loss.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the alkaline phosphatase test measure?
- The alkaline phosphatase test measures the enzyme level in the human body's bloodstream. Alkaline phosphatase is a healthy enzyme that boosts the health of the liver and bones.
- This test measures the enzyme level in the blood whose abnormality helps the specialist diagnose according to the symptoms. Abnormal values in this test may denote the condition of cirrhosis, hepatitis, and liver cancer. In some cases, the high values in the alkaline phosphatase test measures occur in the form of blockage in the bile ducts.
- The alkaline phosphatase test also measures bone density and weakness. Diseases like rickets, osteomalacia and Paget's disease result from fluctuating values in the alkaline phosphatase test.
What Preparation is needed for the alkaline phosphatase test?
- No special preparation is needed for the alkaline phosphatase test.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The abnormal results of the alkaline phosphatase test indicate the condition of liver cancer, infection in the pancreas, gallbladder and liver. These infections sometimes cause enlargement in the organs, which appears as swelling in the abdominal part of the body.
The alkaline phosphatase test has abnormal values when a body suffers from diseases like rickets, Paget's, and osteomalacia. Vitamin D deficiency is one of the causes which occur due to abnormal values in the test reports of the alkaline phosphatase test.
Certain types of cysts, clotting, stones and blockages in the bile duct and liver are also major reasons that appear as abnormal counts in the alkaline phosphatase test report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Noida?
Yes, on the MFine app, it’s an easy procedure to avail the doorstep facility for the sample collection in Noida.
What is the cost of the alkaline phosphatase test in Noida?
The cost of the alkaline phosphatase test in Noida is around INR 100 to 400. The testing charges may vary according to the patient’s condition and need for urgent reports. The charges may increase with the facilities and modern machines in the testing centres.
I am staying in Mumbai. Can I book an alkaline phosphatase test for my grandfather staying in Noida?
It’s an easy procedure to book the alkaline phosphatase test for distant locations. On the MFine app, you can book the test by providing location, time, and date details.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the alkaline phosphatase test?
Yes, it’s easy to reschedule the appointment on the MFine app by providing the timing, address, and dates for rescheduling the appointments.
Is the lab technician vaccinated for alkaline phosphatase test sample collection?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection
When is an alkaline phosphatase test recommended?
The alkaline phosphatase test is recommended when the patient shows severe liver and bone disorders symptoms. For example, patients with jaundice symptoms, poor digestion, constant tiredness, and weakness are suggested for this test. In addition, bone disorders like abnormal enlargement, softness in bones, and systematic weakening of bones are some symptoms leading toward the alkaline phosphatase test.
Is a prescription required to book an alkaline phosphatase test?
There is no prescription required for booking the alkaline phosphatase test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the alkaline phosphatase test definitive?
The alkaline phosphatase test is not definitive.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the alkaline phosphatase test?
The other test recommended with the alkaline phosphatase test is the alanine aminotransferase test (ALT). This test detects any abnormal functioning of the liver. In addition, these test reports can examine the gallbladder and pancreatic infection. The second important test with the alkaline phosphatase test is the aspartate aminotransferase test (AST). This test also denotes the abnormality of enzymes in the bloodstream, which adversely affects liver and bone health. In addition, the presence of blockages, cysts, and stones is visible in this test.
What diseases can be detected through the alkaline phosphatase test?
Many diseases relative to liver functioning are detectable through this test. The alkaline phosphatase test detects diseases like hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, and liver cancer. The test report can also detect the presence of any stones, cysts, or blockage in the gallbladder and bile ducts. Any abnormal change in the size of organs is also easily examined. Bone deficiencies and diseases like Paget’s; rickets can be diagnosed through the alkaline phosphatase test.
How can I download my alkaline phosphatase test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Then, click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the alkaline phosphatase test in Noida?
Usually, you can avail yourself up to a 50% discount on the alkaline phosphatase test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.