Basic Covid-19 Antibody Test in Kolkata
Request a Call Back
How to get Basic COVID 19 Antibody Test in Kolkata?
- Login to MFine
- Select your location as Kolkata
- Choose your preferred lab partner
- Choose your preferred slot for sample collection
- A lab technician will be assigned 12 hours before sample collection
- The lab technician will collect your sample from your doorstep
- Your test reports will be available within the next 48 hours on MFine
- Avail free online doctor consultation to review your test results
Lab infrastructure in Kolkata
- Kolkata is a tier 1 city and the capital of West Bengal. It is among the busiest and most populated cities in India. With a large population, healthcare infrastructure needs to be top-notch and equipped with international standard types of equipment and machinery.
- This city fulfils the requirements of healthcare needs with its globally known hospitals that treat a variety of patients with the highest efficiency. There are 150+ hospitals and more than 100 diagnostics centres and labs in Kolkata.
- Along with hospital-based labs, the city features independent labs with adequate infrastructure to give accurate results, which helps your healthcare advisor to plan a well-defined treatment.
- With the development of the city, there is another side of the story, i.e. lifestyle and health of people residing in Kolkata. With the rapidly changing and busy lifestyle, people adopt unhealthy eating habits that cause diseases. Some of the common diseases in Kolkata are thyroid, asthma, goitre, diabetes. Apart from these diseases dengue, malaria, and chikungunya-like diseases are also common in Kolkata due to the Tropical region.
- If you’re going through any such diseases or more, you can consult a doctor and avail of a test through MFine’s lab partner.
What will the Basic COVID 19 Antibody test cover?
A basic COVID-19 antibody test is a blood test where lab technicians draw out blood samples from your veins to verify if you have COVID-19 antibodies in your blood. If a person is infected by the novel coronavirus, then it can be verified through the basic COVID-19 antibody test.
Individuals infected with the COVID-19 virus should undergo other tests to diagnose the current situation. However, the most accurate and reliable is the basic COVID-19 antibody test.
What preparation is required for the Basic COVID 19 Antibody test?
There is no special preparation needed if you are going for the basic COVID-19 antibody test. All you need to do is to inform your doctor if you have any underlying disease or the medication you are consuming. Inform your healthcare provider if you are suffering from any symptoms.
For the safety measures, you need to take some precautionary measures such as wearing a mask, carrying and using hand sanitiser, maintaining a social distance minimum of 6 ft. If your family member or friend is accompanying you, advise them to do the same.
Since it’s a blood test, your blood will be withdrawn using a syringe. Once the test is done and the sample has been collected, it will be sent for further examination, your reports will appear within 48 hours.
What will happen to your test sample?
Your test sample will be sent to your preferred NABL-accredited labs in Kolkata during booking for analysis.
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Rajarhat, Kolkata?
Yes. We provide sample collections on all days of the week. The timings can vary based on the test, and tests that require 8 to 10 hours of fasting may have morning slots.
What is the cost of the Basic COVID 19 Antibody test in Kolkata?
The cost of tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. Different cities have varied prices too. The approximate price for a Basic COVID 19 Antibody Test in Kolkata ranges from Rs 600 to Rs 1000.
I stay in Chennai. Can I book the Basic COVID 19 Antibody test for my uncle staying in Kolkata?
Yes, you can easily book a Basic COVID 19 Antibody Test for your relatives living anywhere in India with the help of MFine.
Is the lab technician coming for Basic COVID 19 Antibody test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
How can I download my Basic COVID 19 Antibody test results?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Basic COVID 19 Antibody test in Kolkata?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on the Basic COVID 19 Antibody test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.
Can I reschedule my appointment for sample collection?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment for sample collection.
Does a positive basic COVID-19 antibody test mean that I am immune to the novel coronavirus?
No, It does not entirely mean that you are completely immune to the coronavirus, and it does not guarantee that you can not spread this virus to others. It is also not clear whether containing antibodies to the coronavirus will safeguard you from getting infected all over again.
I am vaccinated. Is it necessary for me to undergo the basic COVID-19 antibody test to know if I am immune to the virus?
The basic COVID-19 antibody test is not proposed for deducing the immunity level of somebody from the virus. It is diagnostic and detects the presence of antibodies to the virus. For information about your immunity to the virus, do reach out to a specialist.