Kidney stones in the Ureter: All you can do
It is a condition in which kidney stones get stuck inside the ureter.
90% of patients with ureteric calculi may suffer from blood in their urine .
- Kidney stones are little solid sediment which forms inside the kidneys and it is painful to pass them.
- Lab tests and imaging such as a radiograph, a CT scan or ultrasound is required
- It can be treated by a medical practitioner
- It resolves within a short duration of time
It could be caused by consumption of contaminated water, metabolic dysfunction, excessive urinary calcium, persistent urinary tract infections and a diet rich in purines.
People can experience:
- Abdominal pain
- Presence of blood in the urine.
- Sharp pain in the back and the flank
- Frequent urination
Self Care: Consume a lot of fluids, reduce sodium intake, eat lemons and oranges, limit protein intake.
Medications: Your specialist might prescribe specific medications to help with the symptoms.
Specialists: In case the stones do not spontaneously pass by themselves, a specialist must be consulted for assistance. mfine caters to different areas of health issues and the perfect course of treatment can be chosen according to your requirements.