Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray is used to understand arthritis or other degenerative diseases that may affect hand bones.
What is Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray?
An X-Ray projection of the hand is generated to assess the bone in case of an injury or any pronounced deformities, like swelling. 
Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray is performed under the following circumstances:
- When there is an existence of unexplained symptoms like a general pain in the hand.
- Monitoring the growth of the bone to determine deficiencies or metabolic disorders.
How is Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray performed?
The Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray is performed by placing the hand under an X-Ray machine. 
The patient is positioned as follows:
- The patient may be seated alongside the table.
- The arm is flexed at 90 degrees and rested on the table.
- Patient’s shoulder, elbow, and hand should be in the transverse plane.
- Patient’s hand and elbow should be at the shoulder height.
Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray takes about 10-15 minutes post which, the technician examines the X-Ray projections to give a conclusive diagnosis.
Side effects/risks of Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray
Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray has minimal risk of causing cancer and other radiation-related side effects. Children may be more susceptible to the effects of radiation.
Preparation before performing Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray
No extensive preparation is required before getting Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray.
However, some important points to keep in mind are :
- Remove any rings or accessories from the hand to prevent it from obstructing the X-Ray image.
- Remove all jewelry and metal objects so that they do not appear on the X-Ray.
- Inform the technician of any metal implants so that it can be taken into consideration while viewing the X-Ray.
It is advisable to reach the test centre in advance to prepare better.
Post-care after Rt Hand AP and Obl X-Ray
Patients may carry on with their daily routines after the X-Ray is done.
Find your radiologist or orthopedists while on the move using mfine, a user-friendly application with a responsive team of medical practitioners.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.