Rt Elbow AP X-Ray is used to assess the elbow in case of pain, tenderness, swelling, and deformities.
What is Rt Elbow AP X-Ray?
X-Ray imaging of the elbow is done. Rt Elbow AP X-Ray demonstrates the elbow joint in its natural position. This allows for a proper assessment of the elbow joint, including its various parts.
Rt Elbow AP X-Ray examination of the elbow is frequently requested. It is done primarily to assess fractures.
How is Rt Elbow AP X-Ray performed?
Rt Elbow AP X-Ray is performed by placing the elbow under an X-Ray machine. 
The patient is positioned as follows:
- The patient is seated close to the X-Ray machine.
- Patient’s arm and forearm are fully extended.
- The arm and forearm are in contact with the table.
- Patient’s shoulder joint is levelled with the table.
- The arm and shoulder joint must be on the same plane as the table.
- The detector is positioned under the elbow joint.
Rt Elbow AP X-Ray is part of a two-view series of the elbow joint.
The entire procedure takes about 10-15 minutes.
Side effects/risks of Rt Elbow AP X-Ray
Rt Elbow AP X-Ray has minimal risk of causing cancer and other radiation-related side effects. Children may be more susceptible to the effects of radiation.
Preparation before performing Rt Elbow AP X-Ray
No extensive preparation is required before getting a Rt Elbow AP X-Ray.
However, some important points to keep in mind are :
- Remove any clothing around the elbow to prevent it from obstructing the X-Ray image.
- Remove all jewellery and metal objects so that they do not appear on the X-Ray.
- Inform the technician of any metal implants so that it can be taken into consideration while viewing the X-Ray.
It is advisable to reach the test centre in advance to prepare better.
Post-care after Rt Elbow AP X-Ray
Patients may carry on with their daily routines after the X-Ray is done.
Find your radiologist or orthopedists while on the move using mfine, a user-friendly application with a responsive team of medical practitioners.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.