X-ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view is extensively used by doctors to determine the flexibility of joints at an old age.
What is X-ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view?
X-ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view is used to access the soft tissues of the right knee joint and help in the treatment. A study of the images generated by X-Ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view indicate sprains, fractures, infection of the bones, and other issues.
How is X-ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view performed?
X-ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view demands bending the knee joint at different angles. The following steps are included in the procedure:
- The patient is asked to lie down on the screening table and an imaging plate is placed below the right knee.
- The images are produced by bending the knee at different angles.
- At the time of screening, the patient is asked to be stiff so that the images do not get blurred.
The process requires 30 to 45 minutes.
Side effects of X-ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view
X-Ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view is a safe process without side effects. However, the following issues may arise:
- Owing to the exposure to X-rays, the patient may experience mild headache and nausea.
- Rashes and itching due to X-ray exposure may occur.
Preparation before performing X-Ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view
X-Ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view is a simple and painless imaging procedure. The following preparative measures, however, should be taken:
- If the patient is pregnant or breastfeeding, then this information should be conveyed to the doctor.
- Metallic objects, like jewelry and spectacles, should be removed from the body.
Post-care after X-Ray Right Knee Joint AP LAT view
The following post-care steps may be taken:
- In case of any irritation to the skin, the patient should apply cooling lotion.
- The patient should drink a lot of water.
Consulting the best orthopedic doctors is very simple using the mfine app. Download the mfine app and consult radiologists and orthopedists with ease.