X-Ray right knee AP standing is screening process commonly performed by the Emergency Assistance Department.
What is X-Ray right knee AP standing?
X-Ray right knee AP standing is a specialized view to access distal femur, knee joint, proximal tibia, and patella. This test uses X-Ray technology and finds its application in the orthopedic department. (1)
How is X-Ray right knee AP Standing performed?
X-Ray knee AP standing is a test for determining the issues related to the right knee of the patients.
- The technician adjusts the position of the X-Ray machine and request patient to sit, stand or lie still.
- The X-ray machine captures images of the internal structures of the right knee.
Patient has to remain absolutely still during imaging as movement blurs the images.(2)
Side effects of X-Ray right knee AP standing
X-Ray right knee AP standing uses radiation to take images.
- Lightheadedness or nausea is a common side effect of the screening process.
- Exposure to radiation can cause cancer.(3)
Preparations before performing X-Ray right knee AP standing
Some basic preparations before the X-Ray right knee AP standing include:
- Any metallic object should be removed from the body before the process.
- If you are pregnant, then you should inform the doctor about it.
- The doctors should be aware of the usage of Intrauterine device (IUD) by the patient.
Post care after X-Ray right knee AP standing
Below-mentioned points should be taken care of after going through the X-Ray right knee AP standing.
- The patient should drink plenty of water after the test.
- If the patient is feeling lightheadedness, then he or she should take rest.
Consulting best orthopedic doctor is very easy using the mfine app.
Download the mfine app and consult orthopedic doctors with ease.