X – Ray PNS (Waters View)
Paranasal sinus water view X-ray is the radiology of the sinuses done to examine problems related to sinuses.
What is X-Ray PNS (Waters View)?
Paranasal sinus water view X-ray is the radiology or an imaging test of the sinus.
This method helps in examining the frontal sinuses. The maxillary and frontal sinuses are checked thoroughly through this method. It does not involve any pain or discomfort.
This method of radiology does not take a lot of time.
How is X-Ray PNS (Waters View) performed?
The procedure for this radiology is quite basic. You will be asked to:
- Lie down or sit on a table.
- You will be given an apron to protect your body parts from the rays.
- Your head will be placed in line with the machine.
- You will be asked to sit still and hold your breath.
Accordingly, the radiologist may reposition you in order to get better images of your sinuses.
Side effects/risks Associated with X-Ray PNS (Waters View)
There are not many risks or side effects involved in this radiology, but few include:
- Harm due to exposure to radiation.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
Preparation before performing X – Ray PNS (Waters View)
There is no requirement for any special preparation for this radiology. You need to:
- Change into a comfortable gown.
- Remove any metal from your body.
- Follow specified instructions.
Post-Care after X- Ray PNS (Waters View)
There are no post-care regimes to be followed after this radiology. Once the radiologist has obtained all the pictures of your sinuses, you can leave.
At Mfine, you will be able to find all your radiology needs served.