An X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View is a diagnostic procedure that uses X-rays to visualize the bone structure of the lower back in order to assess any disorders.
What is X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View?
The X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View covers the lumbar vertebral bones, the intervertebral discs and the soft tissues around them. It is used to identify any fractures, slipped discs, infections, osteoporosis, tumors, spinal deformities, and other disorders. Different diseases manifest from different angles, and hence, the test can be taken from multiple views, including the lateral (LAT) view. It is a safe and painless test that involves minimal amounts of radiation.
How is X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View performed?
X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View is performed in a designated exam room.
- The patient made to lie on the examination table in an angle as directed by the radiologist.
- A camera mounted on a steel arm is moved towards the patient’s lower back.
- As the camera moves, a film inside the table captures X-ray images.
- It is recommended to hold one’s breath during the test.
Side effects/risks of X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View
While X-Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View is a highly safe procedure, possible risks include the following:
- Harm to unborn foetuses due to radiation exposure.
- Slight risk of illness from exposure to radiation, especially to those who take X-ray tests frequently.
Preparations before performing X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View
The following preparations will help to ensure that X-Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View goes smoothly.
- Pregnant women should keep their radiologist informed so that radiation levels can be reduced.
- Patients may be required to pass stools and empty bladders before the test.
- Metallic objects such as jewelry should be removed.
Post-care after X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View
No specific post-care is required after X-Ray Lumbar Spine LAT View. The radiologist will share the test results within a few days. Patients can resume their normal routines immediately after the procedure.
With mfine, you can find the best radiologists in town to help answer your queries on X – Ray Lumbar Spine LAT. View.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.