X – Ray Lumbar Spine AP View shows a projection of the lumbar region of the back to obtain an insight into the lower back and its associated structures like ligaments, cartilage, and tendons.
What is X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View?
X – Ray Lumbar Spine AP View is used to track the functioning of the lower back of the body and the conditions associated with it.
- The AP view enables the doctor to detect any anomaly or fractures that may be affecting the lumbar spine.
- Certain conditions such as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and cancer of the lumbar spine can also be diagnosed using the test results.
The causes and symptoms of discomfort of the lower back or the lumbar region can be investigated through the X – Ray Lumbar Spine AP View.
How is X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View performed?
X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View is performed as follows:
- The patient is made to lie on the hospital table (in supine position) in the x-ray room.
- The x-ray machine is positioned over the lower back or the lumbar region of the patient.
- The patient may have to change positions for the AP view to be captured.
- This is done to capture images of the bone structure from different angles.
- Once the test is completed, the technician will check for the clarity of the images.
Post the procedure, the patient can exit the room.
Side effects/risks of X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View
There are negligible side effects of X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View as the x-rays consist of low levels of radiation. People with implants and pregnant women can let the doctor know about their condition before the test.
Preparation before performing X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View
The process of X – Ray Lumbar Spine AP View does not require extensive preparation, except that the patients should be comfortably dressed and do not have any metal accessory on them.
Post-care after X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View
Post care for X-Ray Lumbar Spine AP View is as follows: Patients can go ahead with their daily routine tasks as this is a non-invasive procedure. The doctor can call upon you to discuss the results of the test and suggest how to proceed from thereon.
At mfine, we will recommend personalized medical treatments including X – Ray Lumbar Spine AP View by taking into account your entire history.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.