X – Ray Left Knee AP View is used to diagnose arthritis in the knee joint, a common condition among the aged population.
What is X – Ray Left Knee AP View?
X – Ray Left Knee AP View presents an anteroposterior view of the knee. The knee of the patient is held straight and viewed from the front.
Features of X – Ray Left Knee AP View are as follows:
- It gives a clear view of the knee.
- It is used to diagnose arthritis in the knee joint precisely between the thigh and the shin bone.
- It detects whether the outer or inner area of the knee is affected by arthritis.
In X – Ray Left Knee AP View, it is difficult to view the kneecap as it overlaps the thigh bone.
How is X – Ray Left Knee AP View performed?
X – Ray Left Knee AP View is performed by positioning the knee of the patient beneath an X-ray machine.
The knee is positioned as follows :
- The patient lies down on the table (supine position), and the knee and ankle joint is in contact with the table.
- The leg of the patient is extended.
- It is ensured that the knee is not rotated.
The entire procedure takes about 10-15 minutes.
Side effects/risks of X – Ray Left Knee AP View
The X – Ray Left Knee AP View procedure offers minimal risk of causing cancer and other radiation-related side effects. It is found that children may be more susceptible to the effects of radiation than adults.
Preparation before performing X – Ray Left Knee AP View
No extensive preparation is required before getting a X – Ray Left Knee AP View procedure done.
However, some important points to keep in mind:
- Remove any clothing around the knee to prevent it from blocking the X-ray image.
- Remove all jewelry and metal objects so that they do not appear on the X-ray.
- Inform the technician of any metal implants so that it can be taken into consideration while capturing the X-ray.
It is advisable to reach the test centre in advance to prepare beforehand.
Post-care after X – Ray Left Knee AP View
Patients may carry on with their daily routines after the X – Ray Left Knee AP View procedure is done.
Find your radiologist or orthopedists while on the move using mfine, a user-friendly application with a responsive team of medical practitioners.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.