X-Ray Left Elbow AP View is an X-Ray scan of the left elbow, which is performed to detect the bone damage in the left arm.
What is x-ray left elbow AP view?
X-ray left elbow AP view test is a painless, non-invasive technique used to view the anatomy of your elbow. X-ray left elbow AP view test makes use of low level ionising radiation to examine distal humerus, proximal radius, and ulna. X-ray left elbow AP view test is used to detect tumors, underlying cause of pain, bone infection, etc. 
How is X-ray left elbow AP view performed?
X-ray left elbow AP view test is carried out in a laboratory or medical facility.
- Made to sit down in a table or stand against a flat surface.
- Left elbow will be positioned in between the x-ray machine and the detector.
- May be required to hold your breath to prevent blurry images.
- Multiple images are taken by changing the position of your elbow.
The calcium in bones absorb more radiation and appear as white, whereas the fractured area will appear as dark on the images taken during x-ray left elbow AP view test. 
Risks of x-ray left elbow AP view
X-ray left elbow AP view test comes with very minimal risks as the radiation used is considered safe.
- Allergic reactions if contrast agent is used.
- Slight chance of developing cancer.
- Not considered safe for unborn babies. 
Preparation before performing x-ray left elbow AP view
You can talk to your doctor before undergoing x-ray left elbow AP view test to make any preparations if needed.
- Jewellery and other metal accessories have to be removed before performing x-ray left elbow AP view test.
- Remove any clothing covering your elbow. 
Post-care after x-ray left elbow AP view
You can return to your normal activities almost immediately after performing x-ray left elbow AP view test.
- Drink plenty of fluids if contrast material is used during x-ray left elbow AP view test.
- Get in touch with your doctor if you have allergic reactions or any discomfort even after 24 hours.
Come on board with mfine to know more about x-ray left elbow AP view and to experience a holistic treatment program.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologist online.