Are you skeptical about undergoing X-Ray KUB single film test? Here are the important things that you need to know about the test.
What is X-Ray KUB single film?
X-ray KUB single film is a non-invasive test that is used to examine the kidney, ureter, and the bladder. X-ray KUB single film test is painless and is accomplished by passing low-level ionizing radiation through your body to produce clear images. X-ray KUB single film test is used to diagnose neoplasms, tumors, bowel obstruction, etc. 
How is X-Ray KUB single film performed?
X-ray KUB single film test is carried out in a laboratory or medical facility.
- Radiologist positions your body to obtain multiple images from required views.
- Contrast material may be injected to produce clearer images.
- Pillows may be used to keep you steady.
- Radiation passes through your body and the image is produced on a specialized plate.
The images are stored electronically and can be viewed within a few minutes of X-Ray KUB single film test. 
Risks of X-Ray KUB single film
There are few risks in undergoing X-Ray KUB single film but the benefits far outweigh the risks.
- Allergic reactions such as nausea and itching due to the intake of contrast medium.
- Metallic taste in mouth due to contrast medium.
- Growth of cancer on over-exposure to radiation. 
Preparation before performing X-Ray KUB single film
You can prepare yourself before undergoing X-Ray KUB single film to avoid the potential risks
- Inform your doctor if you think there is a chance that you might be pregnant.
- May be required to empty your bladder before undergoing X-Ray KUB single film.
- Remove jewelry and other metal accessories. 
Post-care after X-Ray KUB single film
You can resume your normal activities once the X-Ray KUB single film test is over.
- If contrast material is injected into your body, stay hydrated so that it will be flushed out.
- Contact your doctor if you feel excessive pain or discomfort after 24 hours of performing X-Ray KUB single film. 
At mfine, our radiologists use state of the art equipment and specialized treatment therapies to perform X-Ray KUB single film.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologist online.