Are you suffering from abdominal pain? Here is everything you need to know about the diagnostic technique x-ray abdomen ap view.
What is x-ray abdomen ap view?
X-ray abdomen ap view test makes use of low-level ionising radiation to produce images of the inside of the abdominal cavity. X-ray abdomen ap view is also known as KUB x-ray because it is used to evaluate the functioning of the kidney, ureter, and bladder. X-ray abdomen ap view is used to diagnose the underlying reason of pain in the abdomen region, kidney and urinary bladder stones, intestinal blockage, etc… 
How is x-ray abdomen ap view performed?
The entire process of x-ray abdomen ap view takes about 15 minutes approximately.
- Made to lie down on a table and the scanner will be positioned over your abdominal region.
- X-ray beams will pass through your body to produce the images.
- Required to hold breath during the scanning to prevent blurry images.
- Multiple images will be taken by changing your position.
The images taken during x-ray abdomen ap view test are then sent to your doctor for interpretation. 
Risks of x-ray abdomen ap view
X-ray abdomen ap view test is accompanied with a few risks as radiation is passed through your body.
- Slight risk of cancer if experienced with prolonged radiation.
- Not recommended for pregnant women as it is not safe for the foetus. 
Preparation before performing x-ray abdomen ap view
It is important to talk to your doctor about your medical history before undergoing x-ray abdomen ap view test.
- Remove jewellery and other metal accessories before x-ray abdomen ap view test.
- Wear the hospital gown provided to you.
- Inform the radiologist if you have an intrauterine device inserted in your body. 
Post-care after x-ray abdomen ap view
There is no special care involved after x-ray abdomen ap view test and you can resume your normal activities.
- Drink plenty of water if contrast material is injected into your body during x-ray abdomen ap view test.
- Contact your doctor if you feel excessive pain or discomfort. 
At mfine, we employ radical treatment program to help you through your medical needs and to perform various diagnosis including x-ray abdomen ap view test.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologist online.