If you’re having problems with your right lower limb, your doctor may advise you to get a USG right lower limb scan done, in order to check for any problems.
What is USG Right Lower Limb?
USG of right lower limb is an examination that is quick and fast. USG of right lower limb is a scan that is performed to assess the amount of blood flow through arteries and veins. It helps to treat a number of conditions like poor blood circulation and blood clots. Your health provider may ask you to get a USG of right lower limb done, in order to find out the cause of your right lower limb problems.
How is USG Right Lower Limb Performed?
A USG of right lower limb may differ slightly. However, in general, you would expect the following:
- You would be asked to wear a loose gown.
- You would have to lie down on the examination table.
- A gel will be applied in the area.
- Blood pressure cuffs may be placed around your ankle and thigh to check for blood pressure.
- The transducer will be pressed against your leg in different areas.
- The sound waves will produce images.
USG of right lower limb examinations is a procedure that has a number of advantages. Since it generates real-time images.
Side Effects and Risks of USG of right lower limb.
There are no side effects or risks when it comes to USG of right lower limb. It’s a safe and non-invasive procedure.
Preparation before Performing USG of Chest
There are no major preparations to be done before USG of right lower limb. However, you may need to follow a few things:
- Your healthcare provider would talk to you, in order to help you relax.
- If you happen to be a smoker, you would be asked not to smoke for several hours before the test. Since smoking causes blood vessels to narrow.
- You would be asked to remove jewelry and other objects.
Post-care after USG of Right Lower Limb
For a USG of right lower limb examination, there are no post-care measures to be taken, since it’s a very simple scan that is safe.
Download the mfine app and consult one of our radiologists online to fix an appointment for USG of right lower limb examination.