Pregnant women are sent in for an obstetric ultrasound to check for any defects or abnormalities during pregnancy. Your doctor may request a USG Obstetrical with BPP examination if you have complications or have past the due date.
What is USG Obstetrical with BPP?
If you’re having problems with your pregnancy, your doctor may suggest doing a USG Obstetrical with BPP examination, in order to check for complications during pregnancy. USG obstetrical with BPP is a combination of test done to check your baby’s health. It helps to measure the baby’s heart rate, body movements, and also the amniotic fluid in the womb.
How is USG Obstetrical Performed?
A USG Obstetrical with BPP is usually performed in the following way:
- You will be asked to lie on your back and the radiologist will hold the wand against your belly.
- Sound waves will be passed into your body.
- An image of your baby would be produced due to the reflection of sound waves.
- This image is displayed on a screen and the images will be explained to you.
For a USG Obstetrical with BPP, good-quality equipment is always used.
Side Effects and Risks of USG Obstetrical with BPP.
USG Obstetrical with BPP examination is a safe and non-invasive procedure that would last for about 30 minutes.
Preparation before Performing USG Obstetrical with BPP
Before the USG Obstetrical with BPP is performed, the radiologist will ask you a few questions. Below are a few preparations you may have to do before a USG obstetric examination:
- You would be asked to change into a hospital gown.
- You may be asked to drink several glasses of water before the ultrasound.
- You will have to lie on your back and relax, while the wand is moved around your belly.
Post-care after USG Obstetrical with BPP
For a USG Obstetrical with BPP test, there are no post-care measures to be taken. The results of the scan would be sent to your doctor and the doctor will discuss the findings and advise if there are any complications.
Download the mfine app and consult one of our radiologists online, if you’re looking to get a USG Obstetrical with BPP examination done.