Urine Ketone body is a test performed to measure the amount of ketone compounds in the patient’s urine.
What is Urine Ketone body Test?
Urine Ketone body is a test performed to check for any probable kidney disorders by measuring the levels of ketone in the urine. ketones are generated, when the body burns fat instead of glucose, for energy. high levels of Ketones indicate a disorder known as diabetes ketoacidosis.
Why is Urine Ketone body Test Suggested?
Urine Ketone body test is suggested to the patients if:
- High blood sugar levels.
- Alcohol abuse
How is Urine Ketone body Test Performed?
Urine Ketone body is a quick and accurate test.
- Urine sample is collected from the patient.
- The sample is sent to lab for further testing.
The patient will receive the results after a short period of time.
What are the Parameters Measured in Urine Ketone Body Test?
Urine Ketone Body test measures the level of ketones in urine.
Preparation before Urine Ketone body Test
Urine Ketone body test does not require any prior preparation on part of the patient.
- Follow the guidelines given by the lab, about taking food and medications before the Urine Ketone body test.
- Disclose medical history to the doctor.
Post-care after Urine Ketone body test
Urine Ketone body test does not require any post-care.
- You can continue doing routine activities after the Urine Ketone Body test.
Sample Types in Urine Ketone body test
Urine Ketone body test requires only one sample.
Side-effects of Urine Ketone body test
Urine Ketone body is a non-invasive test.
- There are no side-effects or risks for Urine Ketone body test.