Urine for Chyle is a test performed to measure the amount of Chyle in the patient’s urine to diagnose a condition known as Chyluria.
What is Urine for Chyle Test?
Urine for Chyle is a test performed to check for any probable kidney disorders by measuring Chyle. Chyle is a body fluid consisting of lymph and free fatty acids. Chyle is produced by the Small intestine and is used by lacteals, a type of lymph vessels.
Why is Urine for Chyle Test Suggested?
Urine for Chyle test is suggested to diagnose
- Nephrotic syndrome.
- infections in the Urinary tract.
- sexually-transmitted diseases.
How is Urine for Chyle Test Performed?
Urine for Chyle test is performed using ether.
- Patient has to collect urine sample
- The sample is examined in the lab for the presence of Chyle.
The urine samples are also examined under microscope for Chyle.
What are the Parameters Measured in Urine for Chyle test?
Urine for Chyle test measures the level of Chyle in urine.
Preparation before Urine for Chyle Test
Urine for Chyle test is a simple process, which can be done in 5 minutes.
- Certain medications can affect the results of Urine for Chyle test. it is advised to follow the instructions of doctor about stopping medicines before the test.
- Disclose medical history to the doctor.
Post-care after Urine for Chyle test
Urine for Chyle test does not require any post-care.
- Patient can resume regular activity after Urine for Chyle test.
Sample Types in Urine for Chyle test
Urine for Chyle test requires a single specimen.
Side-effects of Urine for Chyle test
Urine for Chyle is a risk-free procedure that does not involve any invasive process.
- There are no side-effects or risks for Urine for Chyle test.