The Tread Mill Test TMT is all about knowing the functioning of the heart when it is stressed.
What is Tread Mill Test TMT?
Tread Mill Test TMT lets the doctors know the response of the heart when it works the hardest.
- Tread Mill Test TMT requires the patient to work out on a treadmill to determine the blood supply to the heart.
- While the patient is exercising, he will be hooked to the EKG or the electrocardiogram.
- While the patient exercises, the machine notes down and demonstrates the readings.
Tread Mill Test TMT helps to evaluate potential heart diseases.
How is Tread Mill Test TMT performed?
Tread Mill Test TMT is performed as follows:
- There will be some sticky patches glued to the patient on the chest so that a connection is established between the patient and the EKG machine.
- After the initial few slow steps on the treadmill, the patient needs to increase the speed.
- The heart rate is monitored, and the test continues while the patient walks or exercises on the treadmill.
- Once Tread Mill Test TMT is complete, the patient can stop exercising. The breathing is continuosly monitored untill it becomes normal.
Side effects/risks of Tread Mill Test TMT
Side effects of Tread Mill Test TMT may be some or one of the following:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
Preparation before performing Tread Mill Test TMT
Preparation of Tread Mill Test TMT is:
- Providing a complete medical history.
- Informing the doctor about conditions like arthritis or diabetes.
- Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid eating at least 3 hours before the test.
Post-care after Tread Mill Test TMT
Post care for Tread Mill Test TMT is:
- Following up after a couple of days after the test.
The mfine team provides world-class wellness facilities for their patients including Tread Mill Test TMT.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.