Thyroid Profile Total is a test for the thyroid glands. It helps in evaluating the functions of the thyroid glands.
What is Thyroid profile Total?
A thyroid Profile Total test uses blood samples to determine any disorders of the thyroid glands.
If a person’s thyroid glands produce too many hormones, they have hyperthyroidism. The state can cause anxiety, tremors, and weight loss.
This test of Thyroid Profile Total requires blood samples.
Why is Thyroid Total suggested?
Thyroid Total is generally suggested to:
- Find the cause of thyroid.
- People with hyperthyroidism.
- Determine functions of the thyroid glands.
How is Thyroid Total performed?
Thyroid Profile Total is performed through blood test. The steps include:
- A tight elastic will be tied around your arm.
- Your arm will be injected with a needle.
- A little amount of blood will be sucked out and collected in a tube.
- This blood will then be transferred to another tube.
This test of Thyroid total does not take much time.
What are the parameters used in Thyroid Total?
The normal range for Thyroid Total is between 0.7-1.9 ng/dL.
Preparation before performing Thyroid total
You do not need to prepare anything before the test of Thyroid total.
Post Care after Thyroid Total
After the injection, you might follow these steps to reduce pain:
- Apply Ice.
- Take some painkillers.
Sample types in Thyroid Total
The test of Thyroid Total requires only blood samples.
Side effects/risks of Thyroid Total
The risks involved with the injection of thyroid total include:
- Pain or swell in the arm.
- Multiple punctures.