Has your doctor suggested you for screening chest? Then you are in the right place. Read on to know all the important things about the process.
What is a screening chest?
MRI scan is used for screening chest that involves a strong magnetic field, radio waves and computer to produce detailed 3-dimensional images. Screening chest is painless and safe as there is no radiation involved in the procedure. Screening chest is done to diagnose cancer, blocked blood vessels, heart problems, etc… 
How is screening chest performed?
The entire procedure of screening chest takes about 30 to 60 minutes but may last longer in certain cases.
- Made to lie down in a motorized table that moves to and fro from the scanner.
- Contrast dye may be given to produce clearer images.
- Required to hold your breath and stay still during the scanning.
- Multiple images are generated with each image showing a thin slice of the portion.
The images produced by screening chest are then processed by a computer to create 3-dimensional images. 
Side effects of screening chest
Screening chest using MRI comes with a few potential side effects but the benefits far outweigh the side effects.
- Allergic reaction to contrast dye.
- Nervous and anxiety while trying to lie still during scanning.
- Affects the kidney function of patients with a medical history of kidney problems. 
Preparation before performing screening chest
You will have to talk to your doctor to get prepared yourself before performing a screening chest to avoid the side effects.
- Taking anti-anxiety medication as per your doctor’s advice to stay calm during screening chest.
- Blood and urea test to ensure the proper functioning of the kidney. 
Post-care after screening chest
There are no major restrictions to be followed after screening chest.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have allergies for more than 48 hours after screening chest.
- Do not perform any physical activity for 24 hours if you have taken any relaxation medication. 
Come on board Mfine to experience treatment system and to make use of state of the art equipment to perform screening chest.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologist online.