SCL-70 Antibody, Serum is helpful to identify scleroderma in people. 
What is SCL-70 Antibody, Serum?
SCL-70 antibody serum helps to diagnose scleroderma. Scleroderma is a disorder of the connective tissues in which the skin hardens and tightens. In this disorder, the degeneration of the tissues occur in the body . The SCL-70 antibody test shows positive results for antinuclear antibodies .
Why is SCL-70 Antibody, Serum suggested?
SCL-70 antibody comes handy for the following reasons.
- Keeping a check on the patient’s recovery from scleroderma.
- Diagnosing the possibility of scleroderma in the body.
- If a person suffers from skin tightening around fingers.
How is SCL-70 Antibody, Serum performed?
SCL-70 antibody test is easy to perform.
- The lab assistant takes the blood sample of the patient.
- The sample is stored in the lab under cold conditions.
- The lab assistant performs tests on the sample to diagnose the presence of antibodies.
The test is very efficient to diagnose SCL-70 antibodies.
What are the Parameters Measured in SCL-70 Antibody, Serum?
The test identifies the presence of the SCL-70 antibodies in the blood.
Preparation before Performing SCL-70 Antibody, Serum
To ensure the efficacy of the SCL-70 antibody test, prior preparation that are necessary include:
- Avoid certain medicine intakes before the test.
- No other preparation is necessary.
Post care after SCL-70 Antibody, Serum
After the SCL-70 antibody test, the patients need to follow the below steps.
- Follow the instruction given by the doctor for proper care after the diagnosis.
Sample Types in SCL-70 Antibody Test
Sample types for the test are:
Side Effects/Risks of SCL-70 Antibody, Serum
The side effects and risks posed by SCL-70 antibody test are:
- Bruising due after the blood is withdrawn.
- Clotting under the skin.
- No other serious risks associated.