Salmonella Typhi IgM is a diagnostic test to identify the presence of Salmonella Typhi bacteria in a person’s body.
What is Salmonella Typhi IgM?
Salmonella Typhi IgM is a preliminary test to detect IgM antibodies in the human blood. The Salmonella Typhi bacteria causes typhoid fever in a human. Salmonella Typhi IgM shows positive results within 2-3 days of infection . Salmonella Typhi IgM test identifies the bacteria based on colour, but does not tell anything about the quantity.
Why is Salmonella Typhi IgM suggested?
A doctor suggest Salmonella Typhi IgM test due to the following reasons:
- To identify the typhoid fever.
- If a person suffers from headache, appetite loss, and diarrhoea .
- Persistent fever from many days.
How is Salmonella Typhi IgM Performed?
Salmonella Typhi IgM is a simple test to perform.
- The lab assistant takes the blood sample of the patient.
- Blood sample is stored under the cold temperature conditions.
- The sample is later serologically tested.
Salmonella Typhi IgM is an easy but a less sensitive method.
What are the Parameters Measured in Salmonella Typhi IgM?
Salmonella Typhi IgM test measures the presence of IgM antibodies that a body produces against the typhoid infection.
Preparation before Salmonella Typhi IgM
To ensure the quality of the test, preparation before salmonella typhi IgM is essential.
- Discontinue any medication that interfere with the results of salmonella typhi IgM detection.
- No other preparation is necessary before salmonella typhi IgM.
Post care after Salmonella Typhi IgM
The doctor may enlist the post care measures in accordance to the results of the salmonella typhi IgM test.
- Follow the instructions given by the doctor carefully.
Sample Types in Salmonella Typhi IgM
The sample for salmonella typhi IgM test include:
Side Effects/Risks of Salmonella Typhi IgM
The risks associated with Salmonella Typhi IgM test are:
- Bruising due to blood withdrawal.
- No serious risks or side effects.