Afraid you have got your right foot fractured? Here is what you need to know about the diagnostic technique right foot ap view x-ray.
What is right foot ap view x-ray?
Right foot ap view x-ray is a noninvasive technique that is used to generate an accurate image of the inside of your right foot. Right foot ap view x-ray is recommended by your doctor in case if you have fractured your foot or to find the underlying reason for pain. Right foot ap view x-ray is also done to diagnose tumors, osteoporosis, infections, etc… 
How is right foot ap view x-ray performed?
Right foot ap view x-ray is performed in a laboratory or in any medical facility.
- It is painless and radiation is passed through your foot to get the image.
- You have to stay still during the x-ray to prevent blurry image.
- You have to reposition your foot in various poses to get a clear image.
- Contrast material might be given to you to get clearer images.
The radiologist will interpret the images produced during right foot ap view x-ray and will guide you further. 
Side effects of right foot ap view x-ray
Right foot ap view x-ray uses low-level radiations that are considered safe. However, there are few side effects associated with it.
- Not considered safe for unborn babies and hence not recommended for pregnant women.
- If x-ray is done to diagnose the underlying cause of pain, you will experience pain during the test as you will have to reposition your foot.
- Allergic reaction to contrast material. 
Preparation before right foot ap view x-ray
You do not have to make any major preparations for performing right foot ap view x-ray.
- Removing any metal accessories you wore on your foot as it will block the rays during right foot ap view x-ray.
- Taking pain killers if the pain is severe as per your doctor suggests. 
Post care after right foot ap view x-ray
You do not have to take any special care after performing right foot ap view x-ray and can continue with your normal activities.
- Depending on the test results of right foot ap view x-ray, your doctor will advise further course of action.
- Drink plenty of fluids if contrast material is taken. 
At Mfine, our radiologists use state of the art equipment and specialized treatment therapies to perform right foot ap view x-ray.
Download the Mfine app and consult radiologist online.