X – Ray Right Hip Joint AP & LAT View
AP or Anteroposterior view refers to viewing an X-Ray from front to back. It is an X-Ray picture in which the beams pass from the front to back.
LAT View or Lateral view refers to the orthogonal view of the femur to the AP projection in profile during the investigation of a suspected femur issue. It has a clear view than a PA(Posteroanterior) view.
What is X-Ray Right Hip Joint AP and LAT View?
In case of a hip joint usually PA and LAT images are used, however with the help of an AP view you can get a view of both sides of the joint, which helps in easier comparison, and thus also making it a pelvic X-Ray.
How is it performed?
- The patient is placed in an upright and a rigid position so that the image receptor can be easily angled to the correct position.
- The placement of the patient is also done on the basis of the comfort zone of the patient.
- Once the image receptor is positioned in a portable or upright stand, the scanning begins.
- The scanning helps in obtaining an image of the hip.
- Depending on the kind of view of X-Ray the reports are obtained and are further examined by the doctor.
- An X-Ray of any kind usually does not involve any kind of risk.
- It is just the expenses you need to ensure of and also, you need to follow the concerned guidelines in order to ensure that the scanning is done without any issues and a clear report can be attained.
Preparation before the X-Ray
- It is essential that while the scanning is done, the patient should not move otherwise the results might not come correctly.
- It is extremely important that the X-Ray machine should also not move while the scan is being done otherwise it might also affect the reports.
- Proper orientation is necessary.
- Patients lacking bone density might need a compensating filter over the inferior areas in order to maintain correct spread of exposure.
- Technical evaluation of the image is done and the reports are further prepared.
Post-care after the X-Ray
The patient may slowly get up from the bed ensuring that he does not get hurt.
- After the tests are done, the patient may collect the report in some time.
- With the collection of the report, a doctor is shown who further advises the required treatment.
For more information on this kind of X-Ray and for finding radiologists online, you can visit the mfine website or download the mfine app today.