X – Ray Left Knee LAT View
X – Ray Left Knee LAT View is used to diagnose arthritis in the knee joint. It may also be used to diagnose other trauma to the knee joint and tenderness.
What is X – Ray Left Knee LAT View?
X – Ray Left Knee LAT View presents a lateral view of the knee. It provides a clear view of the knee cap.
Features of X – Ray Left Knee LAT View are as follows:
- It provides a side view of the knee.
- It is used to diagnose arthritis between the kneecap and the thigh bone.
The X-ray also displays a hazy outline of the calf and thigh muscles.
How is X – Ray Left Knee LAT View performed?
The X – Ray Left Knee LAT View procedure is performed by positioning the knee under an X-ray machine.
Lateral Knee X-ray can be done in two views:
- A horizontal beam view of the knee can be obtained.
- A roll over lateral view of the knee can be obtained.
In the horizontal beam view, the knee is flexed at 30 degrees. Roll over view is done by turning the patient in a lateral position on the affected limb.
The entire procedure takes about 10-15 minutes.
Side effects/risks of X – Ray Left Knee LAT View
X – Ray Left Knee LAT View has minimal risk of causing cancer and other radiation-related side effects. Children may be more susceptible to the effects of radiation than adults.
Preparation before performing X – Ray Left Knee LAT View
No extensive preparation is required before getting the X – Ray Left Knee LAT View procedure done.
However, following are some important points to be noted:
- Remove any clothing around the knee to prevent it from interfering with the X-ray.
- Remove all jewelry and metal objects so that they do not appear on the X-Ray.
- Inform the technician of any metal implants so that necessary steps can be taken before performing the X-ray procedure.
It is advisable to reach the test centre to prepare before the procedure.
Post-care after X – Ray Left Knee LAT View
Patients may resume their daily chores after the X – Ray Left Knee LAT View procedure is done.
Find your radiologist or orthopedists while on the move using mfine, a user-friendly application with a responsive team of medical practitioners.
Download the mfine app and consult radiologists online.