One would be advised to get a USG of whole abdomen examination done, in order to check major organs and structures in the abdominal cavity.
What is USG of whole abdomen?
USG of whole abdomen is an examination that helps to get a quick view of internal abdomen from the outside.
You may be asked to get a USG of whole abdomen examination if there is excessive pain, enlargement, inflammation, appendicitis, fluid in the abdominal cavity or kidney and gallbladder stones as well.
Your health provider may ask you to get a USG of whole abdomen examination to check for problems in the abdomen.
How is USG of whole abdomen Performed?
A USG of whole abdomen will be performed in the following way:
- You will be given a loose gown to wear.
- You will be asked to lie face-up with the abdomen exposed or in whatever position is required to get clear images.
- A gel will be applied in the area.
- The transducer will be pressed against your stomach.
USG of whole abdomen examination is a procedure that comes with many advantages since it produces real-time images and allows the doctor to make better decisions.
Side Effects and Risks of USG of whole abdomen.
There are no side effects or risks of a USG of whole abdomen examination. It’s a very safe procedure.
Preparation before Performing USG of whole abdomen.
There are no major preparations to be done before a USG of whole abdomen test. However, you may need to follow a few things:
- Your healthcare provider would talk to you, regarding refraining from eating and drinking for at least 8 to 10 hours before the test.
- You would be asked to remove jewelry and other metal objects that may come in the way.
Post-care after USG of whole abdomen.
For a USG of whole abdomen examination there are no post-care measures to be taken.
The person can resume normal activities immediately.
Download the mfine app and consult one of our radiologists online, if you’re looking to get a USG of whole abdomen examination done.