USG Left Shoulder
Ultrasound of the shoulder is done to assess any rotator cuff issues. It is a test that is as accurate as an MRI scan. USG left shoulder is done to provide a real-time diagnosis and suggest the right treatment options.
What is USG Left Shoulder?
If you’re having issues with your left shoulder, your doctor may suggest doing a USG left shoulder test in order to find the cause of the problem. USG left shoulder is one of the best ways to detect any rotator cuff issues you may have.
How is USG Left Shoulder Performed?
There are a number of ways to perform a USG left shoulder test.
- Some operators may stand in front of the patient, while others choose to stand behind.
- It is performed in a way that the patient is comfortable throughout the procedure.
- The probe is held in a way that the edge of the hand would rest on the patient’s shoulder.
For a USG left shoulder test, good-quality equipment needs to be used.
Side Effects and Risks of USG Left Shoulder
USG left shoulder test is quite a safe procedure and in most cases, there should not be any side effects. However, the patients might have a few mild side effects.
- Occasionally, a patient may report tenderness.
- If the patient is given an injection, a few short-term side effects will be discussed by your doctor.
Preparation before Performing USG Left Shoulder
There are no major preparations required for an USG left shoulder test.
Post-care after USG Left Shoulder
For a USG Left Shoulder scan, there are no post-care measures to be taken. The results of the scan would be sent to the patient’s doctor and the doctor will discuss the findings and advise on what has to be done next.
Download the mfine app and consult one of our Orthopedics online if you suffer from left shoulder pain. You will be advised if you need to do a USG left shoulder scan right away.