MRI Brain Angio
MRI Brain Angio is also known as MRA or Magnetic Resonance Angiography. The test is performed to look closely at the blood vessels in the brain.
What is MRI Brain Angio Test?
MRI Brain Angio or MRA is a safe and efficient diagnostic imaging test that uses powerful magnets, radio wave pulses, and computer programs to create images of the blood vessels in the brain. MRI Brain Angio aids neurosurgeons to detect clots and blocks in blood vessels, narrowed blood vessels, and diagnose aneurysms.
How is MRI Brain Angio Performed?
MRI Brain Angio is a non-invasive procedure that does not require hospitalization.
- Patient has to lie on the MRI scanning table, in a head-first
- Coils which produce and detect radio pulses are placed around the head for high-quality
- The scanning table will slide inside the magnetic field of the MRI scanner.
- The scanner will produce multiple images of the blood vessels in the brain.
MRI Brain Angio is a painless procedure that takes around 45 minutes.
Side-effects of MRI Brain Angio Test
MRI Brain Angio is a safe procedure. It does not use x-rays or Ionizing radiation.
- Patients may feel discomfort due to lying still for longer durations.
- Some implants containing metal can malfunction during the scan.
Preparation before Performing MRI Brain Angio Test
MRI Brain Angio is a quick procedure that is performed on an out-patient basis.
- Wear comfortable clothes without any metal accessories.
- Remove jewelry and other metal items before the scan.
- Inform the doctor, if you are claustrophobic or need sedation during the test.
- Inform the radiologist, if you are pregnant.
- Discuss with your doctor about food and medicines before the test.
Post-care after MRI Brain Angio Test
MRI Brain Angio is a simple test that does not require any post-care.
- Patients can go home immediately after the test if sedation is not used.
- Patients, who are administered sedation are kept under observation for a few hours after the test.
- Report any pain or discomfort after the
mfine app helps you to search for and consult top Radiologists and Neurosurgeons in your city.
Download the mfine app and consult <Radiologists and Neurosurgeons> online.